Furious at wife, and damn dogs...

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does anyone else feel like their wife likes the dogs more than you? We have 3 dogs and I am starting to feel like number 4 in my own house. Did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed or does someone elses wife seem to think the animals are a slightly better companion choice? I am starting to have enough and would love to leave the front door open, by accident of course(I would never) :confused:

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Furious at wife, and damn dogs...

Roll on your back and wag your tail. :D :D :D

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Maybe your right achris..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Dogs never ask you to be different.<br />Dogs forgive you anything.<br />Dogs will eat what you give them and be grateful.<br />Dogs will give you all of the enthusiastic affection you can stand.<br />Dogs don't care if your butt is a yard wide, your hair looks like something is nesting in it or your PMS is in 18 point type.<br /><br />But, most of all. . . . <br /><br /><br />Dogs know who is in charge. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

In my family it is just the opposite. At night I sit in my recliner, I have the dog at my feet and the cat in my lap. I do get the "you pay more attention to the animals" routine about once a month :rolleyes:

tylerin

Commander

3 dogs, 3 cats 2 horses (ones not ours but might as well be) 4 chickens(last I counted) and a carnival fish that won't die. Consider yourself lucky.

LadyFish

Admiral

You think its bad now, wait til that baby comes ;) .

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gee thanks LadyFish. I know, I know. We do have 3 cats too, they just didn't **** me off this morning, they pretty much stay away. I love my dogs and my wife way more than myself. I just get frustrated sometimes, and wondered if ya'll do too! :D :cool:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Not me Bow Wow Wow, ruff, snif snif.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

The cloud has a silver lining.<br /><br />Your looking at it as if it was a crime. Hey, let the wife play and pay attention to the dogs if it keeps her happy. There are couples who smother each other trying to achieve that. At least she is not devoting 100% towards nagging you.<br /><br />Bob

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

True Bob, very true. I know I should be thankful, but I get frustrated.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by notinbig:<br /> Does anyone else feel like their wife likes the dogs more than you?
Ummm.... yes :D

dolluper

Captain

It's hard to play second fiddle but they are the kids so stand in line and be happy she cares for them,she'll probably make a good mother and when/if the real kids come your already for it,just part of growing up and life Don't spend to much time trying to figger out women that will just hurt your brain

aspeck

Staff member

EE, be lucky you still have a wife - my wife told me that I had an avatar like yours she would clean my clock! (and she prolly would, too, she is a feisty ridge runner - but very good looking I might add, she has all her teeth!)<br /><br />Oops, hope she doesn't read this, or my clock will be cleaned!

eeboater

Commander

lol Mr. Speck.... I had a bit of sarcasm in my post (only a bit tho :D ) actually, its all bs. She puts me in line in front of our dog and cats.. but juuuust in front. If she didn't have me, she couldn't afford the dog and 2x cats :D <br /><br />Plus, she knows I have the hots for Ms. Simpson... Funny thing about that tho - she doesn't feel threatened by that... hmmm....<br /><br /><br />Sean