Funny Stories / Adventures

spratt

Lieutenant
Rather than muck up someone else's thread, I thought it would be fun to post the funniest stories you can come up with. This come up when I was discussing the pit cooked pig and the fellowship with friends around the pit all night. One of the funniest things I remember happened in hunt camp, the night we got in and set up...it had been raining and snowing off and on (as is common in the mountains of Wa that time of year) and was just sopping wet everywhere. I was with two pals, and we really didn't feel up to cooking once camp was all set up, so we just pulled out some veggies, crackers, meat and whatever we thought would be good to snack on for dinner. Guy (his real name) really enjoyed the carrots and stuff, and just ate a bunch (pardon the pun)...henever told us what carrots did to him!!! Once the lights were out and we were all on the verge of sleep, sudden blasts of putrid gas began filling the tent...THEN he remembere to warn us about the results of his carrot eating!!! OMG, what a night we had!!!<br /><br />The other part of this will be forthcoming later :D :D

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Funny Stories / Adventures

Stationed in the desert in Saudi Arabia (a strict no alcohol country), and the alcoholics in my platoon are going through the DT's. Me and a buddy decide to make some homemade apple wine. We get the apples, sugar, water and yeast from the chow-hall. We mix up a batch in a five gallon water bottle and cap it tightly and put it out in the sun to ferment. Two days later we were awoken by a loud explosion, the whole base goes on alert as we think the Iraqis are starting an offensive and have come across the border. The area around where the wine was was littered with plastic shrapnel and smelled like booze. I told the base commander what had happened, the pressure from fermentation caused the bottle to explode. He then gave me a class on how to properly vent the bottle and told me when the next batch was ready to give him some :D