Funny little story about an old friend of mine

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class
A friend of mine (he's about 73 years old and needs help every once in a while) had a new gift from one of his daughters(a weather monitor). Well, he couldn't figure out how to make it work. In the past Iv'e set up a new computer for him and delivered and set up a new TV for him, so I hoped this would be no big deal(no, I don't charge, he is my friend, but does insist on giving me paper products(he gets them free) So, after looking at the 2 units and reading manual and screwing around with them for 15 minuits, I told him several times it would be easier if I removed the plastic(those protection plastic stuff commonly put on screens of LED stuff(his eyesight ain't too good and he didn't understand what I was talking about) I just peeled them off and showed them to him.<br /> <br /> He had no idea that they were there(There was bold print showing what the display should look like when unit was working) He just laughed about it and told me he was going to send it back to his daughter, but she suggested not to. He ended up telling his daughter some other excuse(bad battery, etc)I agreed, best not to give the daughters something else to worry about(brain going south)

sloopy

Commander
Re: Funny little story about an old friend of mine

Sounds like your brain is going south PDS :p

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

So Sloopy, why is mine going south, when I helped a guy with vision problems?

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Hey PDS,it seems that your needle got stuck in a groove there buddy :) :D :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Maybe sloopy seen it the first time PDS :D

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Could be or could be my crummy computer screwing up. I must be the first person on this sight that recieves "sit back, we are processing your request" several times. What ever. At least I help people.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Quote: What ever. At least I help people.<br /><br /><br />Helping others is indeed a noble endeavor :cool: <br /> <br /> c'mon at the least you can laugh a little ;)