(Fun) Lighting for my Baja?

MISSBAJA

Cadet
I'm new to iboats, so hello everyone! I need help from you guys on ordering the right kit to light up my baja while out on the river... :)
I was thinking of going with a kit that has bright LEDs and are easy to install.
Can you help lead to the right place? Anyone have pics of theirs?
Appreciate the help in advance!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: (Fun) Lighting for my Baja?

you either want blue, red or green, the rest will kill you night vision. there are plenty of sites with 12 volt led rope lights, also led courtsey lights. just google 12 volt led.

abj87

Petty Officer 1st Class

None of these lights should be visible outside of the boat or you interfer with your nav lights.

MISSBAJA

Cadet

That is true, the color is important! I would like to have a system where the lights can be adjusted from dim to bright, if there is one! I've been searching..

oops!

Supreme Mariner

man....thats cheap...! i checked into an under water light and they were a grand a pop!

i thought for that much money....id hang a kid by his ankles over the side with a water tight flash light ! :D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

That is true, the color is important! I would like to have a system where the lights can be adjusted from dim to bright, if there is one! I've been searching..

you can either dim them or get 2.....one white for seeing what you are doing....and red for night time...as red wont hurt your night vision as much

zach103

Commander

the guy is on another forum if you join the forum he gives you a discount. the singles are already as low as he can go. but the others he will discount.. hes had many years trying out different types of light and numerous people on the forum have recommended him. but not sure if thats what your looking for

zach103

Commander

if you want more info i talked to him about mine. if you join that forum just pm. hes quick to reply and very nice along with professional

zach103

Commander

oh yah oops i know.. i looked before too and then started the hot tub light thread lol..i actually posted the same thread on that forum and they recommended me to him. cheapest lgihts he has is the singel for 100. but he gives the option of running the wires thru the hull or up the transom

MISSBAJA

Cadet

I might just start off with some interior lights while entertaining, then go with the underwater since Im the installer! lol
What do u recommend for interior lighting kits?

zach103

Commander

you could try some strip leds.. like those rope lookin ones

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

With whatever you get, I'd love to see pics when the boat is lit up. The wife and I use the boat frequently at night, and would like some 'ambient lighting' without blinding us. I was thinking about just getting some 12v LED lights from Wally-World in the automotive section. They'll be in the gunwale shelving, or below, and should be fairly protected. I hope...

MISSBAJA

Cadet

Yeah Ill def take alot of pics when finished.. But not sure how long its gonna take me!!! haha

Last edited:

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

I like the way those look.

I have a bunch of the round courtesy led's in both red and white I'm gonna install in my boat, but now I'm thinking a couple of those ropes down the gunnels would be cooler.

salty87

Commander

i can't tell if they're just trying to make those look bright for the pics or not, but those are some kinda bright. bugs will love em. seems like that sea ray would light up the lake too. bye bye night vision.

MISSBAJA

Cadet

Haha.. Yeah, I like how they have the variation of how bright you want them to be by remote! Craziness, never seen anything like that before!! Id be the talk of the river.. haha.. Id be tied up on one boat, playing with my remote from twenty boats away from mine! lol... click click!