Fule bulb goes flat

Tomb77

Cadet
I have a 1984 proline 21 foot with a 1.6 OMC seadrive did our first test run today. Motor starts on and runs fair. But is starving for fule the fule bulb goes flat and will not get up to speed. When running at home it seams ok but still the fule bulb goes flat. I have checked the hoses and the check valve on the tank and not problems. Have not replace the water serpeator yet.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fule bulb goes flat

I have a 1984 proline 21 foot with a 1.6 OMC seadrive did our first test run today. Motor starts on and runs fair. But is starving for fule the fule bulb goes flat and will not get up to speed. When running at home it seams ok but still the fule bulb goes flat. I have checked the hoses and the check valve on the tank and not problems. Have not replace the water serpeator yet.

Sounds like a venting problem to me. Try it with a portable vented tank and see if the issue is still there.

Rick.

Captain

It could also be an obstruction from the pick up inside the tank. If you have a filter anywhere between the tank and the bulb it could be plugged. Rick.

Tomb77

Cadet

More information:
The motor does not die but will not get up to speed. When we took the boat out for a test went 5 miles or so ran good but noticed high voltage so went back to the dock hoping to be able to adjust the rectifier. No such luck their went out again and the second trip was when I started having problems with the not being able to get up to speed. Have done some research and sound like I have a restriction in the fule system most likley in the tank. But can not get inside the pickup is welded in. I am going to change the water seperator and get a tank to try and see how it runs. The proline has a 70 gal tank wich would be hard to take out. I plan on putting a new motor on in 2 years or so but would like to get this one going for some good fishing this year.

Tomb77

Cadet

Ok I forgot a few things I have replace the vent and fill hose have checked the fule line and the check valve all good.

Tomb77

Cadet

Ran the boat this weekend Saturday went down the river 10 miles with a new fuel bulb and water separator. Ran good never lost power. But the fuel bulb still goes flat. Took the fuel bulb out and ran in the ocean Sunday 45 miles did not have any problems if was a little rough but was able to run full speed at times. So had a good weekend but no fish.