fuel/water separator

V156

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm going to soon buy a fuel/water separator for my 80 85 hp Rude and I was wondering what brand would be best. I see the Seachoice,Racor and Tempo brand around and want to know which one you guys think is the best. Also how many GPH's would be best for my motor. With fuel today I think it's something I must have to protect my motor. Am I wrong?<br /><br />Dutch

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Re: fuel/water separator

Smart move, Dutch. It can save some real headaches. I recommend the Racor, but you probably can't go too far wrong with any of the ones on the market. They are pretty simple -- guess you want to be sure you will have no difficulty getting spare filters at the place you buy it, so buy the most popular one.

V156

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: fuel/water separator

Thanks Oldboat1 for the info. I thought about the Racor because it has the plastic bottom so you can see when it's water there. But I'm still not sure about the GPHs. I've seen 30-90,so I want to get one w/more GPH'sthan I need. Ihave the feeling too much GPH's would be better than not enough. I saw one here in the iboats mega mall but they won't be restocked for another two weeks or more. Thanks.<br /><br />Dutch