Fuel water separator

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I purchased a fuel water separator from bass pro. It's made by merc. or rather for them. My question is this. I want to purchase a filter with a clear bowl and drain built in. Can any one tell me what filters would fit this unit? Fram, etc.,etc,.

Thanks David C Sr.

gss036

Commander
Re: Fuel water separator

The only mfg that makes one is Racor. Spendy, but well worth the money. I just had one installed w/Honda's name on, but it is a Racor. I used the regular filter for years and I know I could have paid the difference by the number of times I needlessly change the filter because of not being able to tell if there was water present. With the Racor you just drain and change when you think it is getting plugged up.

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I know Fram makes one also for other people. Mallory Also! I just want to get some numbers of these filters. so when I buy one, I will not have to pay out a lot. If you know what I mean! I don't mean cheaper filter, just a brand I can go buy "EVERY YEAR".....

Thanks David C Sr

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm under the understanding ,clear bowl is good for ethanol gas! I got some and a little water and it looked like puke... The bowl is suppose to let you see it and get rid of it. So beware...

Thanks David C Sr

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Never seem a filter other than Racor with the clear bottoms and drains. If you find others make sure they are 10 micron

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've seen this clear bowl with drain on ebay. And Saw a Fram with one, and just the bowl by its self from fram. I just thought there may be more. I have a 10 micron. I just would like to be able to drain it and make it last a little longer. Raycor also has one that you bleed with a little tool to let out water. Fram has that also. I know alot of these are made by some one else. Several lines etc..... NAPA said they can match any filter.
Thanks For Your Time

David C Sr.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Raycor also has one that you bleed with a little tool to let out water.

I've never seen a Racor that requires a tool to drain. Just open the "petcock" on the bottom and let rip.

Personally I'd forgo looking for the cheapest possible solution. I want the best solution when it comes to protecting my investment. While you may pay a couple of dollars more for a Racor, they?re USCG approved and are time proven in the application.

IMHO $25 is a cheap insurance compared to damaging or even blowing up my expensive outboard.

62-b32013.jpg

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

They do make that filter (Raycor). But as far as cheap, I know what to look for. I just don't like haveing to order everthing.I would like to get it local.
Thanks David C Sr.

DRIFTER_016

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's the one I just purchased from Bass Pro

1457818_i-524803.jpg

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey DRIFTER_016, could you tell me what the filter # is.I have a bass pro here and I'll get them to get it in for me.
Thanks David C Sr

DRIFTER_016

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey DRIFTER_016, could you tell me what the filter # is.I have a bass pro here and I'll get them to get it in for me.
Thanks David C Sr

It probably won't work with your current mount.
If your current mount is a Moeller it should work.
If it will work you will need to order PT# 033329 which is the filter and bowl combination. Subsequint filter purchases will be PT # 033315-10 which is just the filter.

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't have any idea what head it has! I know the threads, and diameter of the center. The center post is 11/16", threads are 16. thanks for info. I'll call Bass Pro and ask what head and who makes them.
Thanks For Your Time.

David C Sr.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

The 11/16?-16 head fits most including Sierra, Merc, Yamaha, Suzuki, Volvo Penta, and Aqua power.

The 1?-12 head is an OMC head and 1?-14 head is a Racor head

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So now I know what I can get. What size is the "Clear Site" by Moller. Because by that chart they are different! I have looked and suppose to be able to get several of these filters that fit my head.
Thanks For Info.
David C Sr.