Fuel water separator 2000 200hp Saltwater series 2 stroke

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
What filter and model # are you all using?? I have been using same filter that I use for my mercruiser motors.Usually a Atwood or Quicksilver but wanting to use a larger filter if available.Never had an issue by changing every season but bigger should be better right?? Charlie

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Racor B32014 with a clear bowl
Typically go three seasons before filter can starts to rust out.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Racor B32014 with a clear bowl
Typically go three seasons before filter can starts to rust out.
Im looking to stick with the oil filter style.I replace every year and when I check what is in it ,usually no water at all.Turns into lawnmower fuel.Charlie

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
If you’re not seeing any water & the gas is clear & clean I think what you’re using is good enough, I go thru the same thought process of using something “better” but it looks like we don’t have a “problem” to “fix”! Lol I do the same thing the gas from the filter goes in the lawnmower!
BTW I DO have a Racor with the metal bowl sitting in the garage but am going to use up my cache of Evinrude & Sierra filters first.
I do keep a spare Sierra on the boat in case the filter I’m using gets a load of water or otherwise clogs but it’s never happened that filter is about 15 years old! If you use a Racor I would advise keeping a spare regular filter on the boat just in case rather than having to struggle with getting that bowl off….