Fuel Tank Replacemnt

Larry Gardinal

Recruit
Greetings everyone,
Does anyone know what's involved in replacing a fuel tank on a 1999 Sea Pro 180CC hulll? Thank you.

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Fuel Tank Replacemnt

I just replaced the fuel tank on my boat . . . it was not pretty nor fun. :rolleyes:

Is yours an aluminum tank? is it installed with foam or just held in with straps & brackets? How about the access to it?

Got some pictures?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

It the fuel tank has a hatch above it, replacement is a lot easier, if you can find a suitable premade tank. Custom tank is $$. I would think that Sea Pro would have a self-bailing cockpit and a hatch (likely cauked) over the fuel tank.

Larry Gardinal

Recruit

It's an aluminum tank but there's only a round, 5" or so access above the fuel tank but I can't see if there's foam around the tank. There does not appear to be a caulked in access of any type over the tank. The tank is partially under the c/c and then travels under the deck toward the rear of the boat. It would appear that the c/c has to come up and then an access would have to be cut into the deck to remove and replace the tank. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks
I just replaced the fuel tank on my boat . . . it was not pretty nor fun. :rolleyes:

Is yours an aluminum tank? is it installed with foam or just held in with straps & brackets? How about the access to it?

Got some pictures?