Fuel tank dimensions

Alexaskew13

Cadet
Have a 88 Sea Ray Seville 18 open bow. It has the 135 Outboard. Looking to find out fuel tank dimensions. Fuel gauge doesn't work so I would assume it's the fuel sending unit and need to know depth of the fuel tank for correct product. Problem is boat is wrapped and in storage.

ahicks

Captain
Have a 88 Sea Ray Seville 18 open bow. It has the 135 Outboard. Looking to find out fuel tank dimensions. Fuel gauge doesn't work so I would assume it's the fuel sending unit and need to know depth of the fuel tank for correct product. Problem is boat is wrapped and in storage.
You can throw parts at it to see if any fixes the issue, or you can troubleshoot to see what the issue really is. Like a simple blown fuse? That would kill it. A broken wire or bad connection? A new sending unit won't fix either of those issues....

Alexaskew13

Cadet
You can throw parts at it to see if any fixes the issue, or you can troubleshoot to see what the issue really is. Like a simple blown fuse? That would kill it. A broken wire or bad connection? A new sending unit won't fix either of those issues....
I know it's not a fuse. Checked those. Only gauge that doesn't work so I assumed fuel sending unit because boat was sitting for some time before I got it. I will replace gauge and sending unit no problems. Issue is last year all fuel sending units were on 6 weeks back order when I tried to get one in my area. Wanted to get ahead of it now and start buying all the stuff to put on in the spring.

mr 88

Commander
Well since your going to have to remove the sending unit I would start there , and check the ground wire on the tank as that may be your issue. I know your boat is wrapped and in storage but if you want the correct one that's the way to go. The odds of someone on here having your boat model and tank dimensions are not very good. Sending units are fairly universal and the floats are designed to be adjustable for that reason.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Fuel sending units found in marine stores are often universal. You cut the aluminum "rail" to length, and then set the float to the proper height.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
on the 35 year old SeaRay, you may want to check the stringers and transom. those boats were wood stringers and transoms.

topgun3690

Ensign
Mod Edit. iBoats sells senders and supplies this forum.
Check out this link if you end up needing a sender.....SAE 5-hole pattern and comes in lengths of 4-60 inches. Installed one on my tank several years ago...works good. Just need to know the depth of your tank. They have gauges too.

Last edited by a moderator: