fuel pump

ramduster

Recruit
I just got a 1987 johnson 40hp engine that the vro pump is not being used to mix the gas and oil I am mixing it 50:1 in the gas tank. the engine runs fine but when I am priming engine I get a little bit of a gas leak at pump. the engine has not been used for some time and the gasket may be gone. I looked on the web and found a non vro pump but it is alot of money and I would like to know if there is another fuel pump can be uesd if so what pump is it and were can I get it. any help would be great.

flywoman

Seaman Apprentice
Re: fuel pump

I found one new at this site.<br /><br /> http://www.maxrules.com/fixtuneitup.html <br /><br />You will have to go into the site a little, but you can find a non-VRO pump for 155$. Still a chunk of money, but it was the best I could find...<br /><br />Mic

ramduster

Recruit
Re: fuel pump

thanks but I was really looking to replace the vro pump with some older type of pump if it can be done. I found a non block mount type pump for about 50.00$ and would like to know if it will work ok. I think it is the type used on a 1970's 40hp johnson.