Fuel pump for a '93 Johnson 200hp

fishweed

Seaman
I need to replace the failed pump on my 1993 Johnson 200hp. Can anyone give me a part number for a fuel pump that will fit this motor.<br />I want to put a true fuel only pump back on and not the fuel/oil pump. <br /><br />Thanks!!

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Fuel pump for a '93 Johnson 200hp

If I'm not mistaken, you'll need two conventional fuel pumps. Getting the correct plumbing to operate both may be problematic without considerable modification. You could end-up blowing the motor in your attempt to get around that universially maligned VRO pump that has been very reliable since the first problematic ones came out in the mid 80s. After those, most problems have a lot more to do with water getting into the oil tank.

fishweed

Seaman

Sorry that I failed to mention in my original post, I am going to pre-mix my fuel from now on. Since the new VRO2 pump that I just put on last spring has failed, I do not want to put another one on my replacement powerhead.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Two conventional crossflow style pumps wont feed it enough fuel to prevent piston damage. There is a "fuel only" pump -- part # 438402 but its still over $165. Just use your "new" pump and block off the oil side.<br /><br />If you put on a new OMS pump last spring and it truly was the cause of powerhead damage, BRP would warranty that damage.

fishweed

Seaman

Thank you for the replies!<br />I will probably end up doing just that, buying a new OMS pump and plugging off the oil end.<br />I just remembered some time ago, a post that talked about a dedicated electric fuel pump for these motors. It seems like such a waste to buy the entire OMS pump and only use half of it.

fishweed

Seaman

The new unused OMS pump I put on last spring as preventative maintenance is right now sitting on an engineer's desk at BRP to try and figure out why it failed. The word I got back from them was, "yes it did fail and cause your motor to seize, but since it is a leftover vintage 2000 pump and made during OMC days......SORRY!".<br />The dealer that I bought the pump from has spent the last two months trying to work with them with no progress. Not even a Sea Doo bumpersticker or a coupon for $1 off oil.<br />Ask me how I feel about BRP.