Fuel problem???

dragula65000

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just got the motor started, and it shuts off. It did this for a bit and I put a can of engine tuner thru the choke solenoid, and it idled fine. Once I disconnected it, it spuddered and shut off. The primer bulb just stays squishy. Is it supposed to be rock solid?

rwcreigh1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Fuel problem???

it should stay hard.what are we talking about year model.have you rebult the carb?or replaced the fuel pump?

dragula65000

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry, I have a 1989 175 Johnson 90 degree 35 amp. I had all 3 carbs replaced. I put a 680 cca battery and it cranked then spuddered. After I took that can off, it would just crank away, but no fire. It wanted too, but the starter would disengage. I'm thinking a fuel problem.

dragula65000

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok, I havent been logged on in a while.I replaced the fuel primer bulb, and it still does the same thing. It shakes and studders then stalls. There is a lot of oil coming out of the prop. Also, when the motor is trimed up, alot of oil comes out thru the carbs, then drains out the bottom of the cowling. When I start the boat, I hear a quick whistle bell, then shuts off. Is this a bad VRO? I dont think any fuel is getting to the motor.