Fuel not getting to caburetors

tammylittle

Recruit
I have a 1995 tiger shark montego deluxe that is not delivering fuel to the carbs putting gas in carb manually starts instantly and runs for a little bit I tried blowing air in one line till gas came out the other this worked the first time now its stopped and only air comes out the other end what else should I try please be informed that I have never owned a pwc before I bought 2 newer ones and the family had so much fun I bought 5 more older ones for the kids to enjoy for the summer so any answers should be step by step detailed cause I don't know much!! Any help would be greatly appreciated

swal67

Recruit
Re: Fuel not getting to caburetors

If you are putting air in the tank and there is no gas coming out, then something must be rong with the tube going down into the tank.

dannyual767

Petty Officer 1st Class

First off, I don't know about Tigersharks specifically. I don't know if you have a single or dual carbs either.

You said that you put air in one line. I don't really know what you did but swal67 thinks that you pressurized up the tank and didn't get any fuel out of the fuel feed line that is also known as "on." The other feed line coming out of the tank should be "reserve." They will both go to a fuel selector knob/switch/valve.

If you did pressurize up the tank and didn't get any fuel out of the "on" line, then switch to "reserve" and see if you get fuel. Perhaps your main pickup tube in the tank has gone bad (hole.) Think about a soda straw with a hole in it just above your soda. You suck on the straw and don't get any drink :grumpy: .

I mentioned the selector valve. Often these can clog up and not let any fuel through. You can bypass this valve and all problems in the fuel tank by using a gas can and connecting a hose to your carb inlet. This will eliminate those potential problems. If it starts and runs, then you know its either the pickup or the selector.

More than likely, your problem is a stuck needle and seat inside the carb not letting fuel in. When was the last time the ski was running properly? Last year? Did you stabilize the fuel for winter storage? If not, then the needles and seats are probably stuck closed. This is going to require carb cleaning. A full rebuild would probably be an even better idea.

Last, is the pulse line connected to the engine and carb? This is the hose that sends the pulses to the "fuel pump diaphram" in the carb. I'm assuming that your Tigershark's fuel system operates like my Yamis and Sea Doos. Make sure that pulse line hose is intact and there are no leaks.

tammylittle

Recruit

If you are putting air in the tank and there is no gas coming out, then something must be rong with the tube going down into the tank.

This was it fixed and running great Thanks!!!