Fuel line question on 1953 Evinrude fastwin 15hp

Waupaca

Recruit

I recently purchased what I was told is a 1953 Evinrude Fastwin 15 hp outboard at a boat/motor show in Tomahawk Wis. The ID tag shows: 15012 45321. I purchased a two line fuel tank from the same seller, only to find out when I got home that the engine will not accept the connection from the tank. Do I really have a 53? Could some one switched connection later?

Any help would help...

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel line question on 1953 Evinrude fastwin 15hp

Model 15012 is indeed a 1953/54 15hp Evinrude, and it does require the dual line pressure type fuel tank. The fitting on the engine should have two round fittings to accept the air line and the fuel line, and it should also have a round pointed probe to accept the locking clip of the fitting.

Describe the fittings of the engine and also the one that is attached to the hose. Perhaps someone has converted the engine to a fuel pump type engine.

beverly

Seaman

Mine looks like this if you can see it. This seems to work but I'm currently experiencing a problem with my outboard that has this setup. Just make sure the gas tank isn't a a few feet below the motor as I get running problems.
IMAG0521.jpgIMAG0520.jpgfuel-pump-automatic-diaphragm-4731-p.jpg

lindy46

Captain

You should start a new post, BUT:
The third pic is a fuel pump. Does your motor have one? If so, it has been converted from the original pressure tank system. Looks like the connector for the fuel tank isn't hooked up to a fuel line in the pic. That is a single line connector. Should be a hose going from connector to the fuel pump, then on to the carb. I see a hose connected to the carb, but can't really see where it's going.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

NOTE: This thread is over four (4) years old. Start a new post.