fuel line problems

aesgator

Seaman
I recently needed a new fuel line and connectors and I went and bought the wal-mart standard OMC Johnson/Evinrude line. My motor is a 1984 60 hp Johnson. The problem is the motor fuel connector will not go on and after looking at it doesn't resemble the typical johnson connector that has a barb on the fuel port. I'm attaching a picture and if someone can offer some advice where to find the correct connector it would be appreciated as all my searches so far have come up empty.

Attachments

• iboats pic.jpg
    iboats pic.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 0

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander
Re: fuel line problems

I recently bought an OMC fuel line kit at Walmart and had to trim a bit off the corner of the connector for it to clear the little post thing. Then had to slightly bend(adjust) the spring loaded catch for it to latch.

I hate the plastic hose, but it'll hafta work for now.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Yep, sums it up !!!!
Watch out for air leaks.:(

Thats the truth! And those cheap primer bulbs don't last either.
For about another 10 bucks you can get the OEM line and bulb at the Johnny-Rude dealer.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Yep Ken,Parts like those that only get replaced every few years it is worth buying the good parts.
Those thin plastic Walmart fuel lines never impressed me.

EN2

Chief Petty Officer

In my opinion the only fuel lines and primer bulbs, are the BRP/OMC ones. They may cost a little more but are worth it in the long run. Connectors included.

EN2

Chief Petty Officer

In my opinion the only fuel lines and primer bulbs worth buying are the BRP/OMC, they may cost a little more but are worth it in the long run,including the connectors.

bktheking

Vice Admiral

Those aftermarket one's WILL NOT fit my 9.5..... pure junk.

aesgator

Seaman

definitely going to have to go ahead and pony up because i keep my boat covered mostly but i have to buy one a year it seems like becuase of cracking in the line or bulb

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

definitely going to have to go ahead and pony up because i keep my boat covered mostly but i have to buy one a year it seems like becuase of cracking in the line or bulb

Have you been replacing with the cheap one each time ???

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Those cheap primer bulbs will also flake off on the inside and screw up your carbs.

aesgator

Seaman

i have replaced twice with the wal-mart version (and had to clean the carbs quite a bit it) but no more will i buy the cheap crap