Fuel Line Location on Tank

Daybuck

Recruit
I've got a 2003 1850 Fish Hawk that has been setting in my garage, unused for over a year. The nose of the boat is elevated. My concern is that the gas tank may get condensation from temperature changes and that condensation enters the fuel. With water heavier than fuel, is there any way to know if that water is close to the fuel line so it can be easily pumped out (if fuel line is at bottom rear of the tank where the water would settle to due to nose of boat being elevated)? If fuel line is any place but there, I'm sure that removing any water would require a full emptying of all tank contents. The tank has 10 or 15 gallons of fuel in it. If you know where the fuel line is located on the fuel tank which is OEM, it would be alot of help. Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
Ethanol fuel absorbs some water, if there is actual water in the bottom of the tank then all of it needs to be removed. Todays gas will only absorb so much before its bad. Once bad nothing can fix it. If its not clear or smells bad, then its bad

I don't know where the fuel line attaches on the boat, but its a requirement that the fitting must be accessible