Fuel Hose Length - How Long?

MarkAB

Seaman Apprentice
I want to move the portable fuel tank from the rear of the boat to the front which means that I will have to extend the length of the fuel hose to at least 12 ft. It is currently 4ft. Will this cause a fuel flow problem?

crab bait

Captain
Re: Fuel Hose Length - How Long?

no problem at all.. it can be a 1/4 mile long an hold an extra 10 gallons of fuel.. <br />as long as its pressurized,, by the prime bulb,, it's as good as a gravity feed top tank..

18rabbit

Captain

Mark – just a quick reminder, marine fuel hose comes in two flavors, black and gray (type A and B, respectively). If you have an open boat, you will want to use the gray (type B) fuel line as it resists breakdown from UV exposeure … and it is required by USCG. The black fuel line (type A) is designed for use in an enclosed fuel system. It will develop a messy, sticky, oily surface over time as it breaks down when exposed to UV.

deofc

Seaman

I use a 10 foot long fuel line. I like to keep the 2 portable tanks mid-forward(under the console)helps with keeping boat trimmed and keeps the tanks out of the way. As long as the primer bulb is pumped and hard......no problems.