Fuel Flow Sensor ? for rodbolt

badlar

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks again for letting me know about the safety recall. I now have new & free (4 screw) fuel flow sensors. The fittings on the old sensors were elbows. Do I have to use elbows or were they just used on mine to facilitate hose routing?

Thanks again,

jimspitler

Cadet
Re: Fuel Flow Sensor ? for rodbolt

A flow sensor doesn't know what fittings are near it. I'm sure it was used for routing, but I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to use them. They may prevent kinking or chaffing down or up the line.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

you reuse them if nessasary, the new sensors dont have any inlet or outlet barbs.
how is the gas smell doing ?

badlar

Seaman Apprentice

Ya live and learn. Left the old sensors at the dealer in-case he has to return them. Left the fittings in the old sensors.(duh). Just called him and I am going over in the am and pull the fittings. Won't know about the gas smell until I get the new sensors on. I'll post back and let ya know.

Thanks

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

the sensor threads are 1/4 pipe and 3/8ths hose. napa sells them all day long for a couple bucks a pop

badlar

Seaman Apprentice

I had given NAPA a thought. They are closer than the marina. What I'll save on diesel fuel will pay for the parts.

Thanks again,