Fuel-filled oil sump

martini

Recruit
I have just taken delivery on a new Triumph 210cc with a new but 2004 model Suzuki DF140. The dealer is in Washington state, and I took delivery in Hawaii. The dealer reports that he did test run the engine prior to shipment, but I haven't tried to start it. When preparing to start up, I checked the oil level and it was almost full. When I drained the engine it was mostly gasoline, with enough oil in it to give it some color and thicken it a bit. :confused: I am not sure how to proceed; refill with oil and start it up, or haul it to the Suzuki shop here and try to get a diagnosis, which could take a couple of weeks given the size of the wait list at the shop. Any suggestions? Is this something anyone else has experienced, or am I just especially lucky?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel-filled oil sump

I would refill it with oil and try again<br /> and look at the FAQ section on 4 strokes making oil.

martini

Recruit
Re: Fuel-filled oil sump

Thanks for the citation, which I just read through. There is no question that the dilutant is gasoline and not water. I took out 7L of a mixture that I could probably use to run a chainsaw. So something let a lot of fuel into the cylinders. If it's something that is likely to recur, I'd be nervous about running it - as I recall OMC had a major problem with the vapor separators leaking and even , causing fires and so forth.