Fuel ans Battery location

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice
Hello Friends;
I am planning on removing the rear couch and sundeck and replacing them with a center cabinet and fishing countertop/workstation. Question is will I be able to put fuel tank and Battery compartment in the same center cabinet if seperated by a shelf?

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Fuel ans Battery location

Fuel and a source of ignition ( spark from the electrical connections on the battery ) is a very bad idea. The only way that might be workable is if they were on different sides of the compartment and seperated by a sealed partition.

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hello Friends;
I am planning on removing the rear couch and sundeck and replacing them with a center cabinet and fishing countertop/workstation. Question is will I be able to put fuel tank and Battery compartment in the same center cabinet if seperated by a shelf?
Yes, if the shelf will create two separate compartments with an air-tight seal from each other. Make sure you provide ventilation to the outside for both compartments with the vents being as far apart as possible.

Good luck and please post pictures of your final project.

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks EGlide;
I will be isolating both battery house and fuel of course. May even move battery compartment to console area. As for pictures??????not sure I am still real slow in learning new stuff on the computer, working with pics is not my best thing; not to mention ; I am not sure my project will ever be finished--just useable---know what I mean????
Wilieha, aka. Bill

washburn2010

Cadet

Something to ponder .... (personally thought about doing this), putting the fuel tank underneath the deck. If you found a flat enough tank, this would be good. All depends on how much clearance you have from the waterline .....

fueltank.jpeg

Last edited:

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the reply Ron;
I can build a divider, front to rear, that would seal the two compartments. allowing access to fuel tank from outside, and to batteries from inside. Probably using a filler tube much like a car or pick up truck. A 12-15 Gal. tank would be enough for my application, just have to find what I need to do it.

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer

My gas fill is on the outside, on the port side.

DCP_4066-2.jpg

Complete with locking gas cap.

ezrollin

Seaman

Here's a couple of custom made under deck tanks that my brother-in-law had welded up,he aquired the sheet metal and required fittings etc and had it welded up,not cheap but solved a space problem.

Attachments

• IMAG0672.jpg
    IMAG0672.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 0

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Thier never done. Some thing allways needs fixing or improving but it is a excuse to go out to the lake or the garage.:D