Fuel additives

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer
Kinda goes along with my other post "boat out for first time yaddi yaddi yaddi..<br /><br />When I was buying my LU oil the shop guy was telling my about an fuel additive called 2x4for johnson and evinrudes... how it helps clean carbs and such... was he trying to get an extra $6 outta me or does it work???<br /><br />I figured get my probs I have now cleared up then spend $6 on something else.... $6 thats damn near 3 gallons of fuel and the way mine eats it I need all the fuel I can get...lol

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Re: Fuel additives

"how it helps clean carbs and such" <br />Run Chevron with Techron, or get the concentrate and add it to the gas. Or NAPA for SeaFoam (just ask). Or if no problem, just use the boat and forget about it this year....... :cool:

Johnson110

Chief Petty Officer

I thought you could not run techron in a 2 stroke motor it would not mix with oil?

ob15

Chief Petty Officer

Anyone have a reply to johnson 110?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The Techron is fine. The 2+4 works well to stabalize the fuel and it does help keep things clean.

Major Woods

Petty Officer 1st Class

I run the 2x4 in my duckboat, as the additive provides anti-icing for the fuel.<br /><br />My summer boat, I don't bother with it.

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Well I don't know if I have probs with my motor... it was a "deal" I couldn't pass up and trying to firgure out a hole mess of probs ..... one by one they keep getting checked off.... just wondered what might help a bit..... motor is an evinrude 115

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

let me add.... I know I have probs with my motor but......