FU ACLU

lundboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Here is a little something for those of you who are just as fed up as I am with the left wing attack on our faith. <br /><br />For those of you who are not allowed to wish someone "Merry Christmas" in the work place. <br /><br />For those of you who have a "Holiday Tree" in your local mall and are annoyed that they just wont call it what it really is... A Christmas Tree! <br /><br />For those of us who have to go to a Christian store just to find a Christmas card with the word "Christmas" in it.<br /><br /> http://www.fu-aclu.org/home.html <br /><br />I've had enough. Today the Seattle Times began referring to Mt. St. Helens as Mt. Helens. :mad:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: FU ACLU

A lot of inaccuracies on that site, LB.<br /><br />Let them get facts straight before you start linking.<br /><br />"Telling more than you know makes what you know meaningless." I think that was Sen John McCain, but if it wasn't it should have been.

spratt

Lieutenant

I consider myself Christian, but I would never even consider saying to ANYONE what the letters "FU" are supposed to represent...I cannot consciously support something that would utilize that attitude, but I don't care for the ACLU either!!! Of course, being as naive as I am, the letters may represent something else entirely?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by spratt:<br />Of course, being as naive as I am, the letters may represent something else entirely?
As in flying up maybe?

Link

Rear Admiral

FU " Fed Up -All Christians Live United"<br /><br />I think it is in poor taste to name a web site like that, but was most likely meant for the shock effect.<br /><br />Although I know nothing about the site listed. Except for JB saying there are a lot of inaccuracies in that site I would have never click on a site that said FU-ACLU or FU-Anything.<br /><br />Only opened the main page and did not see all the inaccuracies that JB said were there. However I did not follow any of the links etc because I'm just not into political sites like this. <br />lundboat<br />I can only speak for what I actually see in western Washington state in the Puget Sound area.<br />
wishing someone "Merry Christmas" in the work place.
Only in the private secter will you find people wishing you a Merry Christmas. Howevr in stores like The Bon-Macey where I know its company policy to only say "Happy Holiday" if I say Merry Christmas to the clerk and they are "like minded" they will say the same to you<br /><br />"Holiday Tree" <br />Your correct and this burns me up also. However in the tree lots around here they still call them Christmas Trees.<br /><br />"Christmas card with the word (Christmas) in it."<br />Thats not true.. you can go to any major store in this area and pay extra to have Merry Christmas printed on the inside of it. But not on the outside! ;) <br />Because of not finding "Christmas" cards this year I only sent Christmas cards out that we had left over then when we ran out. We used Print Master and printed our own! <br /><br />"Seattle Times began referring to Mt. St. Helens as Mt. Helens."<br />You know that had to be a Typo LOL <br /><br />"How about the USS Olympia not docking in the port of Olympia, for which it was named after because of a few left wing PCers complaining about the war. Was really a anti Bush statement."<br /><br />We just followed it to where it did dock and made sure we got there to thank the sailors in person.<br /><br />Don't forget teachers having their 2-3 graders writing President Bush letters telling him that they didn't want his Blue Angles of Death flying over Seattle this year for Sea Fair! <br /><br />Maybe the ACLU should be renamed the AACLU (Anti American) and don't forget the NEA and others.<br /><br />lundboat<br />On a positive side there are more and more people I meet each day that are getting fed up with whats going on with this PC stuff. <br /><br />Have a Merry Christmas, but work on your delivery! :D :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Link:<br /> FU " Fed Up -All Christians Live United"<br /><br />I think it is in poor taste to name a web site like that, but was most likely meant for the shock effect.
DUH...why didn't I think of that!! It never occurred to me, and actually it never even registered until I clicked it and saw that BIG OL' FU ACLU sittin there!!! Fed Up...huh, guess somebody smarter than I am thought that up, but I agree about it being a shocker...soon as I saw it I closed it and had no desire to visit the links either.<br />Quite poor taste to even think of associating it with anything remotely resembling Christian!!<br /><br />BTW, Link, thanks so very much for the squirrel food!!! Should be boiling them this weekend!!! Will do a post about all the problems I have and teh humor of how to ruin 5 #'s of raw peanuts!!!

Link

Rear Admiral

NP Splatt<br />Looking forward to reading it :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Feeling Useless. The ACLU (Anti Christ Lawyers Union) should be feeling USELESS.

Devon

Cadet

I told one of my regular customers, "Merry Christmas" today and a customer who I had never seen before told me that wasn't the politically correct thing to say and that I shouldn't. I asked him if he was going to be working on Christmas day, he replied in a rather indignant manner that he would not, to which I replied, "Well it sounds like you'll be celebrating Christmas with the rest of us." I nearly got a round of applause from the other customers in the waiting room. Maybe I was wrong to do that, maybe not. It was an A to B conversation and C decided to cram their beliefs down my gullet in a private place of business. Any thoughts from you all? <br /><br />Devon<br /><br />Didn't mean to try to hijack the thread, it seemed appropriate to post this here.

Link

Rear Admiral

Devon <br />
Didn't mean to try to hijack the thread, it seemed appropriate to post this here
Naw I wouldn't worry about that. Fits in but you might have got a better response with its own post do to the title of the topic.<br /><br />To answer your question.<br />"It was an A to B conversation and C decided to butt in" bla bla bla<br /><br />You had every right to stand up for yourself and the person you were talking to. I would have.