Frozen tilt /trim shaft

budblas

Seaman Apprentice
I have to remove the hoizontal shaft on the engine mounting bracket from the upper clevis of the tilt <br />piston to install a band assembly on the piston. (125 Force on 19.5 BL)<br /><br />I've soaked the shaft where it's exposed, with penetrating oil, used a heat gun, a brass punch, <br />sacrificial nut and oversized stacked washers in hope of pulling the shaft through, tried pipe wrench <br />where the center of the shaft is accessible and no luck yet.<br />The shaft itself is stainless but it goes through the mounting bracket which is whatever they're made <br />of.<br /><br />I've been careful about how hard I hit the end of the shaft for fear of breaking the bracket.<br />I haven't put the propane torch to it yet and I guess what I'm asking is, how much heat can the <br />metal in a tilt/trim bracket endure without damage? I'm going to drill 1/8 in. vertical holes through <br />the bracket down to the shaft in order to allow penetrating oil to sit for a day.<br />Any suggestions, even ones as unorthodox as mine will be considered and welcome. <br />Thanks,<br />Bud