Front keel guide

qapd

Seaman Apprentice
Help,<br /><br />Looking for something I don't know what it is called. <br />I have seen a wide "V" guide with PVC pipe covering each leg of the 'V". This is mounted at the front keel rooler.<br />What are these called, where can I locate one. Approximate Price?<br />I have tried several trailer shops and they have no clue. I think this would help line up the boat when loading.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />QAPD<br />Pasadena, Tx

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Front keel guide

Was it Home-made ??????

rwidman

Lieutenant

Check the catalogs from Overton's, Cabelas, and Bass Pro Shop. There are several different types of guides.

qapd

Seaman Apprentice

No the ones I have seen were definately not home made.<br />I will look in the mentioned catalogs.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />qapd<br />'97 Mako 191<br />Pasadena, TX

catfish41

Recruit

qapd,<br />I know what you're talking about, I have it on my trailer. My trailer is made by McClain (sp?), right here in Houston. Hope this helps.

qapd

Seaman Apprentice

Catfish41,<br /><br />Do you like this guide or would you rather not have it. I have heard several people say it is trouble. I think it would help the bow settle on the front keel roller. I just can't locate this assembly anywhere. <br />I have contacted McClain Trailers and they don't know what I am talking about. I am going to swing by there today.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />qapd<br />Pasadena, Tx<br />'97 Mako 191