Fried Bananas

Link

Rear Admiral
I don't have a clue as to where the thought came from. But driving home the other night fried bananas came to mind. Mrs.Link gave me "that look" you know the one. Like OMG your not really going to try this look!<br />But when we got home I sliced up a banana, then put some butter in a frying pan and cooked them until they were golden brown on each side.<br />Note: I wasn't exactly sure what to do as they went from raw to golden brown to mushy and then to just right.<br />Mrs.Link did not want to try them but afterwards had me do another banana! :D <br />I know it sounds silly but they were very tastey.

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Fried Bananas

Not silly at all! <br /><br />Camping favorite - Leave banana in skin, dig out flesh (not too much) so it resembles a canoe, fill canoe with chocolate (whatever you prefer - dark/light/white). Cook on camp fire until choc is melted. Maybe add cream. Goes down well with a glass of port.<br /><br />Aldo

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

When they are almost done add some liquor...let it flash the alchohol off then ya have bananas flambe....That's takin it to a whole nother level. A dollup of Icecream....ya got world class!!! :)

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Tim-Tam straw anyone?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by neumanns:<br /> When they are almost done add some liquor...let it flash the alchohol off then ya have bananas flambe....That's takin it to a whole nother level. A dollup of Icecream....ya got world class!!! :)
What neumanns said, Try it using a rich smooth dark rum ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Dunaruna <br />That sounds good <br />And the rest of you jogged my one little brain cell with your decriptions.<br />Duh 1976 in Germany a wealthy couple took us to a very nice place and that was desert!<br />The flaming banana, liquor and put on ice cream. Did it on a cart right at the table.<br />Really put on a show with it.<br />So now my little abused brain cell knows where the idea came from! <br />Hmm I could really get into this ..pass the Rum! ;)

Realgun

Commander

Goes down well with a glass of port.<br />
Wouldn't you want to use a big glass of starboard (milk) with that? :D

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Link,<br /><br />Here is a recipe for Fried Banana. <br /><br /><br />Ingredients:<br /><br />8 Bananas; peeled<br />1/2 c Self-rising flour<br />1/2 c Rice flour<br />1 tb Cornstarch<br />1 c ;Water<br />1/2 ts Salt<br />4 tb Fine brown sugar<br /><br />Instructions:<br /><br />Oil; for deep frying Slice each banana lengthwise. Sift flours and add to water. Stir until consistency of cream. Add salt. Heat oil and when smoking dip each piece of banana in batter. Shake off excess and lower into hot oil. Fry until golden brown and roll in brown sugar. Serve with ice cream. This is an exotic way to treat bananas.<br /><br />Bon Appetite!