Friday's Funnies

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
"You Know You're Over The Hill When... "<br /> <br /> 1. You find yourself beginning to like accordion music.<br /> 2. You're sitting on a park bench and a Boy Scout comes<br />up and helps you cross your legs.<br /> 3. Lawn care has become a big highlight of your life.<br /> 4. You tune into the easy listening station...on purpose.<br /> 5. You discover that your measurements are now small,<br />medium and large...In that order.<br /> 6. You light the candles on your birthday cake and a<br />group of campers form a circle and start singing Cumbaya..<br /> 7. You keep repeating yourself.<br /> 8. You start video taping daytime game shows.<br /> 9. At the airport, they ask to check your bags...and<br />you're not carrying any luggage.<br /> 10. You wonder why you waited so long to take up macrame.<br /> 11. Your Insurance Company has started sending you their<br />free calendar...a month at a time.<br /> 12. At cafeterias, you complain that the gelatin is too<br />tough.<br /> 13. Your new easy chair has more options than your car.<br /> 14. When you do the "Hokey Pokey" you put your left hip<br />out...and it stays out.<br /> 15. One of the throw pillows on your bed is a hot water<br />bottle.<br />16. Conversations with people your own age often turn<br />into "dueling ailments."<br /> 17. You keep repeating yourself.<br /> 18. It takes a couple of tries to get over a speed bump.<br /> 19. You discover the words, "whippersnapper," "scalawag"<br />and "by-cracky" creeping into your vocabulary.<br /> 20. You're on a TV game show and you decide to risk it<br />all and go for the rocker.<br /> 21. You begin every other sentence with, "Nowadays..."<br /> 22. You run out of breath walking DOWN a flight of stairs.<br /> 23. You look both ways before crossing a room.<br /> 24. Your social security number only has three digits.<br /> 25. You keep repeating yourself.<br /> 26. You come to the conclusion that your worst enemy is<br />gravity.<br /> 27. You go to a Garden Party and you're mainly interested<br />in the garden.<br /> 28. You find your mouth making promises your body can't<br />keep.<br /> 29. The waiter asks how you'd like your steak...and you<br />say "pureed."<br /> 30. At parties you attend, "regularity" is considered<br />the topic of choice.<br /> 31. You start beating everyone else at trivia games.<br /> 32. You frequently find yourself telling people what a<br />loaf of bread USED to cost.<br /> 33. Your back goes out more than you do.<br /> 34. You keep repeating yourself.<br /> 35. Cafeteria food starts tasting GOOD.<br /> 36. You refer to your $2500 stereo system as "The Hi-Fi."<br /> 37. You make it a point to attend all the RV shows that<br />come to town.<br /> 38. You realize that a stamp today costs more than a<br />picture show did when you were growing up.<br /> 39. Your childhood toys are now in a museum.<br /> 40. Many of your co-workers were born the same year that<br />you got your last promotion.<br /> 41. The clothes you've put away until they come back in<br />style...come back in style.<br /> 42. All of your favorite movies are now revised in color.<br /> 43. The car that you bought brand new becomes an antique.<br /> 44. You keep repeating yourself.<br /> 45. You find this list tasteless and insensitive.<br />Have a good weekend people

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Friday's Funnies

Abbot and Costello Updated<br /><br />You have to be old enough to remember Abbott and Costello, and too Old to REALLY understand computers, to fully appreciate this. For those of<br />us who sometimes get flustered by our computers, please read on...<br /><br />If Bud Abbott and Lou Costello were alive today, their infamous sketch, "Who's on first?" might have turned out something like this:<br /><br />COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT<br /><br />ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?<br /><br />COSTELLO: Thanks. I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about <br />buying a computer.<br /><br />ABBOTT: Mac?<br /><br />COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.<br /><br />ABBOTT: Your computer?<br /><br />COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.<br /><br />ABBOTT: Mac?<br /><br />COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.<br /><br />ABBOTT: What about Windows?<br /><br />COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?<br /><br />COSTELLO: I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Wallpaper.<br /><br />COSTELLO: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.<br /><br />ABBOTT: Software for Windows?<br /><br />COSTELLO: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write<br />proposals, track expenses and run my business. What do you have?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Office.<br /><br />COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?<br /><br />ABBOTT: I just did.<br /><br />COSTELLO: You just did what?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Recommend something.<br /><br />COSTELLO: You recommended something?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Yes.<br /><br />COSTELLO: For my office?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Yes.<br /><br />COSTELLO: OK, what did you recommend for my office?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Office.<br /><br />COSTELLO: Yes, for my office!<br /><br />ABBOTT: I recommend Office with Windows.<br /><br />COSTELLO: I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say I'm <br />sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Word.<br /><br />COSTELLO: What word?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Word in Office.<br /><br />COSTELLO: The only word in office is office.<br /><br />ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.<br /><br />COSTELLO: Which word in office for windows?<br /><br />ABBOTT: The Word you get when you click the blue "W".<br /><br />COSTELLO: I'm going to click your blue "w" if you don't start with<br />some straight answers. OK, forget that. Can I watch<br />movies on the Internet?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Yes, you want Real One.<br /><br />COSTELLO: Maybe a real one, maybe a cartoon. What I watch is none of your <br />business. Just tell me what I need!<br /><br />ABBOTT: Real One.<br /><br />COSTELLO: If it's a long movie, I also want to watch reels 2, 3 and 4. Can <br />I watch them?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Of course.<br /><br />COSTELLO: Great! With what?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Real One.<br /><br />COSTELLO: OK, I'm at my computer and I want to watch a movie. What do I do?<br /><br />ABBOTT: You click the blue "1".<br /><br />COSTELLO: I click the blue one what?<br /><br />ABBOTT: The blue "1".<br /><br />COSTELLO: Is that different from the blue w?<br /><br />ABBOTT: The blue "1" is Real One and the blue "W" is Word.<br /><br />COSTELLO: What word?<br /><br />ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.<br /><br />COSTELLO: But there are three words in "office for windows"!<br /><br />ABBOTT: No, just one. But it's the most popular Word in the world.<br /><br />COSTELLO: It is?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Yes, but to be fair, there aren't many other Words left. It pretty <br />much wiped out all the other Words out there.<br /><br />COSTELLO: And that word is real one?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Real One has nothing to do with Word. Real One isn't even part of <br />Office.<br /><br />COSTELLO: STOP! Don't start that again. What about financial bookkeeping? <br />You have anything I can track my money with?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Money.<br /><br />COSTELLO: That's right. What do you have?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Money.<br /><br />COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?<br /><br />ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer.<br /><br />COSTELLO: What's bundled with my computer?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Money.<br /><br />COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.<br /><br />COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?<br /><br />ABBOTT: One copy.<br /><br />COSTELLO: Isn't it illegal to copy money?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.<br /><br />COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!<br /><br />(A few days later)<br /><br />ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?<br /><br />COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?<br /><br />ABBOTT: Click on "START".......

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

43. The car that you bought brand new becomes and antique. <br /><br />And that is when it is finally is paid off! :D <br /><br />I'm not over the hill yet, but I'm cresting it and starting to coast that way........when do I start to apply the brakes!..........

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

* You call your $5,000 entertainment center your "stereo". :) <br /><br />* A first class postage stamp costs more than lunch did when you were young.<br /><br /> :D :D

dolluper

Captain

When a record is when your convicted of a crime<br />and has nothing to do with a shiney round thing

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

MY kids laugh when I refer to the "Hi Fi". Or put the milk back in the " ice box" . :D