Friday, 13-lucky to some

D

DJ

My dad (pilot) flew a mission on April 13, 1945. He was part of the 13th bomb group flying B-24's.<br /><br />The mission was a "surprise" one and no one was happy about it.<br /><br />They flew the mission and suffered over 100 bullet holes in the '24'. No one was hurt and they made it back to base-not flying right but they made it!<br /><br />On Friday the 13th, this year, hurracane Charley went through Punta Gorda-Florida, where mom and dad keep their winter home. The neighborhood was destroyed, yet their home seems (at this point) to be OK (roof on, porch there, etc).<br /><br />Prayer WORKS!<br /><br />My prayers go to those that have suffered through this trajedy.<br /><br />A dear freind that decided to stay in the neighborhood is missing.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Friday, 13-lucky to some

DJ, I'm happy to hear that your parent's place survived. My thoughts and prayers go out to their missing neighbor. I hope they find him safe and well.

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey DJ<br />Know what ya mean. Friday night I watched it rip through FL and Disney World got hammered. We called some friends who live near by (DW) on Saturday morning and except for no power or phones (Land Line) they were fine.

NYMINUTE

Captain

My youngest son born 8-13-77. Now a teacher. 13 is a winner

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

My #2 daughter was born on 10/13/57. Another winner. :)

Pascal

Petty Officer 1st Class

And my 2nd daughter was also born friday 13 February 1981. She's a winner and a real sparkplug. Lights up my life when she comes home to visit. :D <br /><br />God bless and keep my kids!!! :)

arboatdr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

married Friday 12/13/91, she wore black, dated 3 weeks before marriage and we're still together. We go out to dinner and celebrate every friday the 13th remembering that tomorrow is the first day of the rest of our lives together.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

My youngest daugher was born on friday the 13th.<br />A real sweetheart at only 8. <br />She helped my father in law get through bypass surgery. She gave him something to live for.<br />From then on she has convinced me 13 is a lucky number.<br />BTW what is the origin of 13 being unlucky?