Freshwater Cooling - Fitting Question

laserbrn

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am attempting to setup my freshwater cooling system. In looking at the photo's I took before I started all of this a little over a year ago I found that the raw-water-out was originally connected to a T Connector to split the flow between the risers. There is only one raw-water-out on the heat exchanger so it makes sense that it was configured this way. That T Connector is of course MIA. It was likely thrown out with the old hoses somewhere along the way as I don't have much room for storage.

I've been looking all over the place for a 1"x1"x1" barb fitting to replace it and I'm not coming up with anything in an appropriate material. I've come up with nylon, plastic, and PVC, but nothing stainless, brass or bronze that would make sense. This is for the raw water after it exits the heat exchanger and I'd imagine it's not HOT, but I imagine it could be.

I put this in the mercruiser section because most of my engine parts are Mercruiser parts. It's just a BBC with lots of bolt on parts to make it work in this boat. I'm having a great time with it, lol.

Attachments

• T-adapter.jpg
    T-adapter.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Freshwater Cooling - Fitting Question

Ayuh,... Worse comes to worse, use a threaded "T", 'n 3 1" hose barbs x threaded 1" fittin's...

In brass, they oughta be easy to find....

laserbrn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Freshwater Cooling - Fitting Question

I'm starting to get pretty pissed off at myself and this project. I managed to find, order and recieve a 1x1x1 barbed brass fitting. The problem? The heat exchanger has a 1 1/4" outlet! I didn't notice it was larger than the 1" connections on everything else.

What the hell am I missing? Someone must sell this part or there must be standard way to setup the raw water to exit through the risers that I'm missing.

I'm dying on this stupid #$%* % fitting and it's really getting to me here. Hours and hours wasted on this nonsense.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 0