Free picture hosting

ZmOz

Captain
Thought you guys might be interested in this. I own a hosting company and have lots of extra bandwidth. I had this going a while ago, but had to shut it down due to abuse. :rolleyes: Hopefully all goes well this time...<br /><br /> http://pichosting.zmoz.us/ <br />No signups necessary<br />No ads<br />No limits (other than 500kb per pic)<br /><br />Mods: I hope this isn't against the rules...I make no money from this.<br /><br /> :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Free picture hosting

Hey ZmOz, would it be inappropriate to ask what the angle is? What is your incentive to own a "Hosting Company"? I mean, what is your primary objective? Don't mean to be snoopy, just academic interest. I'm not asking about your offering here, I understand that to be excess capacity, I'm speaking of your main thing.

ZmOz

Captain

It's a business...it's how I pay for my boat. (and everything else) :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> It's a business...it's how I pay for my boat. (and everything else) :D
Ok, inarticulately asked. What does a "hosting company" do?<br /> :confused:

ZmOz

Captain

I host websites. I run the servers that make places like iboats work. :)

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

ZmOz, I thank you for the very generous offer! I am not sure how to take advantage of it though. I did a picture, and got message it uploaded succesfully. I clicked on the link and there was my picture. I closed the link, and now have no idea how to get back to it! Do I need to make some sort of album, or how do I record what I upload there so I can get back to it?

ZmOz

Captain

BiXLL - You'll need to save the link. In the future I'm thinking about setting it up so that you can sign up for an account and have a file manager, but that won't be for a while. The link will allways be http://pichosting.zmoz.us/filename

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK, Thanks again!

ndemge

Commander

Zmoz, Glad to see you doing this,<br /><br />I had a free ftp setup at one time, hope to again, but the server was causing problems where it was sitting and had to be taken down.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks zmoz.<br /><br />
stratos1