Free fishing this weekend

brother chris

Commander
I have not got my fishing license yet, but was going to get it this weekend. <br />But on my way to work I heard(on the radio) that this weekend(for Father's Day), it is free to fish :D <br />No license required! Woohoo! <br />That saves me some money and now I took Friday and Monday off to enjoy it. <br />You have to buy a tidal and non-tidal license here, which works out to be just over $100 (with a salmon tag included)<br />I am going to go and catch some spring salmon, which just started running. :D :D :D <br />See ya after the weekend!

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Free fishing this weekend

$100 for a fishing license!?!??! That's crazy! I think it's $16 around here.

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by jsfinn:<br /> $100 for a fishing license!?!??! That's crazy! I think it's $16 around here.
I guess that is why I am a little bit happier, since it is free.

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

100 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!OUCH - Here I can get a sticker for my boat which includes everyone aboard and a license for myself (on or off boat) for 40 bucks.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by reddog349:<br /> 100 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!OUCH - Here I can get a sticker for my boat which includes everyone aboard and a license for myself (on or off boat) for 40 bucks.
Just wait a few years reddog. If Hillary gets her way, that's what we'll be paying. :mad: We'd have to pay for that "village" somehow, just like our northern cousins do.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

10 bucks a year here for residents + additional for a trout stamp if you so choose.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Here in Mass. you only pay for a fresh water fishing permit!!! It's freeeeeeeee on the ocean unless you go commercial fishing!!!!! ;) :cool: