Free ads...

boatster

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Free ads...

Hi Robby6950,<br /><br />thanks so much. I did create this service to be 100% free and easy to use. You can post unlimited ads with 4 photos for each ad and they can last up to 180 days. You can manage all your ads from one simple page, and you get a webstore. <br /> <br />I believe people have tons of stuff that is of value but don't find the right buyer in the short time span that Ebay and other classifieds offer. A perfect example would be someones boat for sale, or boat parts. These take time to find the right buyer. <br /><br />Anyways buyers or sellers will not be charged one cent to use the service. Its completely free, always will be. <br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />Boatster http://www.blujay.com

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

So how much do YOU get for selling OUR e-mail addresses to spammers?

boatster

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't sell your information to anyone. Read my privacy policy. The service is what it is, free. If you take a look at the service you will see I make great effort to protect your private information through validation codes, this prevents people from harvesting your emails.<br /><br />Why free then? Ok well theres a catch, I want to eventually run banner ads on the site. I will NOT run banner ads with spyware or any privacy seeking info. <br /><br />What are my motives? I hope to create a clean, safe, and easy to use service that everyone would enjoy using. I chose the name blujay as a representation of those qualities. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Boatster<br /><br /> http://www.blujay.com

boatster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Kagee, what is this "poof" you speak of? :confused: It wasn't me :D

ndemge

Commander

I pay $45 a month for 2 banners on other sites, worth every penny to me. But you have to have a site that creates a lot of traffic, and thus being worthwhile for someone to put a banner on.

boatster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi ndemge,<br /><br />thats true. That is also why the service is free for buyers and sellers. Banner advertisers will hopefully one day be some source of revenue. <br /><br />Funny as it may seem, blujay.com is already working even on its obscure level. I have already sold a truck differential (this week), a complete Zodiac boat w/motor, a canvas shoulder bag (this week), and a nikon camera lens. All within the past month from when the site went live (November). One of the other sellers just sold his 1971 Buick Skylark that he listed for 2 weeks. The power of the internet is real. At this point someone will find your stuff through google, or Yahoo or just stumble on something they like.<br /><br />Ebay nickel and dimes its buyers and then takes 5% of the sales. If you use paypal, expect another 3%. Thats 8% of your already depreciated item. As a seller I refuse to pay that much just for using their website. Blujay offers much more for free (thumbnail search results, unlimited ads, 4 photos per ad, a webstore, and a simple easy way of managing your ads). A little patience and resourcefulness and you can sell your stuff for free. <br /><br />Give it a try. You will see it is easy to sign up, post ads, and manage those ads. Your stuff will sell sooner than you would imagine.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Boatster :) <br /><br /> http://www.blujay.com

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

I didn't know you had started it, boatster. Anyway, we will try it out and see what happens. Just had neighbor asking me about ebaying his boat, and I suggested to wait and do it as a last resort. Told him about the site, and said he didn' see any boats...told him he would be first...max exposure. I will have him post it on your site and see what happens

KaGee

Admiral

Boatster... nothing in way of content. Just thought maybe they would consider this a form of promotion. That's all.<br /><br />BTW... IMHO... if it does not conflict with anything Iboats does, regular members ought to be able to promote themselves within reason. <br /><br />A computer forum I belong to restricts members from posting in certain areas until they have earned the right to... i.e. their number of contributing posts. They have a way of counting posts in some groups and not in others. So a post in a general chat area like this would not apply towards overall post count for entering the restricted forums. This prevents spammers from self promoting and getting free advertising, but is a little reward if you will to those who participate on the forum's help side.

spratt

Lieutenant

And since iboats charges for their classifieds, I will certainly utilize the services of bluejay.com to try to sell MY boat and travel trailer also!!! Thanks!!

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Boatster... nothing in way of content. Just thought maybe they would consider this a form of promotion. That's all.<br /><br />BTW... IMHO... if it does not conflict with anything Iboats does, regular members ought to be able to promote themselves within reason. <br /><br />A computer forum I belong to restricts members from posting in certain areas until they have earned the right to... i.e. their number of contributing posts. They have a way of counting posts in some groups and not in others. So a post in a general chat area like this would not apply towards overall post count for entering the restricted forums. This prevents spammers from self promoting and getting free advertising, but is a little reward if you will to those who participate on the forum's help side.
KaGee, what you are saying really makes a lot of sense...I also think that members of good standing should have certain "benefits", such as free posting of classifieds, or at least a given number and sized ads per month or something...

spratt

Lieutenant

Alright, I registered, posted 2 ads, and like what I see!!! One can browse in any way that you wish, including by location. Pass the word to everyone y'all know to get on this free service...<br /><br />Thanks to all involved with setting it up.

boatster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi guys,<br /><br />I'm not really trying to spam on this service really. Sorry if that is how it came across. As you can tell I first posted about the service because I saw that other Ebay thread. I of course just felt like tossing it out there. You can see in my sig I don't promote blujay.com at all. On this forum I'm a boater first and a programmer second. When Robby6950 posted his own thread I was truly excited someone likes what I created. Thank you for your kind words. This is a bootstrap creation and definitely not going to be fly by night. :D <br /><br />Also thanks spratt for giving it a shot. I appreciate all the feedback. <br /><br />Boatster http://www.blujay.com