Frances's farewell

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
we may not have had to deal with her full force<br />like our southern friends, but we were hammered<br />with 4" of rain this am and on top of that, the<br />power went out for about 4-5hrs here... just long<br />enuff for me to get about 8" of water in the<br />basement. the seasonal creek out back is WAY above<br />flood stage and water is all the way up to my barn.<br />this is the worst flood I've seen in the 8-9yrs<br />I've lived here and it's still rising as I type.<br />thankfully the rain has almost completely stopped<br />and the sump pump in basement has done her job.<br />I can only immagine how you southern folks fared.<br />stay dry y'all,<br />M.Y.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Frances's farewell

I think about now everyone from Florida to New York is saying Kiss My Fanny Franny we've had enough.

KaGee

Admiral

We were on the extreme edge, so only moderate rain here. We left Knoxville on Tuesday morning when the storm started to make it's way up the Southeast. I know what you are talking about. Drove through that mess for over an hour before it lightened up.<br /><br />Hope all works out well Mellow.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> I think about now everyone from Florida to New York is saying Kiss My Fanny Franny we've had enough.
Florida to Maine, LF. We are getting poured on right now ;)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

Orleans County, NY has been declared a disaster<br />area....

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

flood peaked about 4pm yesterday here. we were<br />VERY lucky! may have lost pool heater, but no<br />other damage. all 3 of my niehbors had to evacuate<br />as their cellars filled with water and the power<br />to their houses was cut. the water got about 1"<br />from the top of our above ground pool (48" high).<br />poor sump pump has been running about every 2min<br />all night and all day today. time to go help out<br />my poor niehbors. they don't have much money and<br />this is going to be devasting!