FOX News is going to catch it now..

Link

Rear Admiral
JB<br />I'm totally tick at you right now for your snide remarks. (always polite though) haha<br />However this was posted before what happened in the UK and I think it would be pretty lame for us or anyone on this day to argue over a silly forum.<br /><br />Post is gone as I am for a break.<br /><br />Link

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: FOX News is going to catch it now..

SEALs are sailors, Link. <br /><br />So are the Corpsmen who go into battle with the Marines.<br /><br />They are members of the U.S. Navy.<br /><br />What branch did you think they were?

gaugeguy

Captain

I've known SEALs and corpsmen and heard them called "Sailors" but out of respect I've always referred to them as SEALs and Doc's.<br /><br />Now what really chaps my hide is when the media (or anyone else for that matter), refers to Marines as "Soldiers" :mad:

KaGee

Admiral

In the words of the Eagle's song... "Get Over It".<br /><br />It's only symantics... there was no disrespect intended.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> In the words of the Eagle's song... "Get Over It".<br />It's only symantics... there was no disrespect intended.
Nope :p <br /><br />Call a Puerto Rican a Mexican, even though no disrespect was intended, you will be on the wrong end of a pig sticker ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: tippytoe, tippytoe, tippytoe<br /><br /><br /> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<br /><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't think any disrespect was intended at all. It's no big deal.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

My son, the Marine, my SIL, the retired Master Chief Corpsman and my daughter, the Navy Officer think it is important.<br /><br />To them SEALS are ultra-elite NAVY fighting forces whom they admire, but the term "sailor" is no put-down.<br /><br />Bob, PH in Nam, is proud to be a sailor and proud his wife is a sailor. John and Alice are proud to call their Dad a sailor. What I did was very non-traditional for a Navy white hat but I always thought of myself as a sailor.<br /><br />Perhaps it was intended as a compliment.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not that this helps but my dad was an ASW Officer aboard a P-3 based out of Brunswick Naval Air and stationed in Iceland in the mid 70's. His favorite, good-natured ribbing of Marines was this: MARINE stands for My A** Rides In Naval Equipment. :D :p

KaGee

Admiral

That's a good one Erik! :D

gonfishn

Commander

As a former Navy Corpsman(doc)with the First Marines during the sixtys the name that is attached be it Seals,Green-Berets,Rangers,Recon or any other name only means something unless you were in the service. Only then will you understand what it means..<br /><br />I had to go through Marine boot Camp to get my 8404 status..I slept,ate,and bled with my brothers. I earned the right to be be called doc..Its out of respect for what i did..<br /><br />Special Forces are the front runners in any combat situation..When Corpsman up was yelled I was the first response to get the wounded out be it in the bush or being dropped out of a Huey during a fire fight..<br /><br />Yes its only a name attached to the branch you are in..But to many of us here we are the chosen few and are prond of having the Privelege to serve our country in time of need..God Bless the USA...

gaugeguy

Captain

Well said again Doc ;) <br /><br />Not to put the Navy down at all, but I really think that if anyone had called our Doc a "sailor", they would have been punched out on the spot.<br /><br />Seen it done when he was called a "squid" in a bar by an army doggie in PI, wasn't a pretty sight.