Fourth Lake in the Adirondacks...

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi everybody... Quick question.. Does anybody have any experience with the Fulton Chain of Lakes in the Adirondacks? Specifically Fourth Lake? We have a 20 foot Cuddy Cabin and we're wondering if that is ok on Fourth Lake... Any input would be appreciated...<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />...Steve...

watered down

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Fourth Lake in the Adirondacks...

WOW, now ya did...sent me back in time and made me home sick. I grew up back there and still have many relatives living in the area.<br /><br />You won't have any problems on 4th lake with your boat. It's not huge but is big enough for your boat. Absolutely a beautiful area.<br /><br />Now, it's been a long time but you may run into problems heading up the Fulton chain of lakes...I think some of the linking rivers, channels, etc, get a little shallow. I know it can be done because we went a long way up on a smaller boat when I was a kid. May want to check with the state parks, etc.

John_S

Rear Admiral

I haven't stayed at Inlet or Eagle Bay in over 25 years! The lake is not that big, but you should be fine with your 20 footer. Hey, it was big enough for the sea plane to land on and pick us up at the dock. You should have no proplem going down to Old Forge. If I remember correctly, you will not be able to go further up the chain of lakes, without towing and relauching.

watered down

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah, I think your right John...I believe you can make it by canoe but that's about it.<br /><br />I bet that area hasn't changed a bit in 25 years either. It's been that long for me also.

John_S

Rear Admiral

Water, it has probably been 2-3 years since I have drove through that area. It has stayed pretty much the same. Nelson's cabins, where we first stayed, was still in business, while our favorite breakfast spot, the Bear's Den, was long gone. :( It is a great part of the Adirondaks, and just far enough north of the usualy packed Old Forge area.

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks very much for your posts... it's always scary to tow 5 hours to a place you've never been based solely on the word of a cottage owner.<br /><br />I'm really looking forward to it! Is it summer yet?!?!?!?!<br /><br />Thanks again!<br /><br />...Steve...

watered down

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No problem...hope you have a great time. By the way, all replies were posted with the condition that pictures will be posted.... :D

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sorry I didn't see that last posting! Can you wait until August for pictures? Hope so!!!

watered down

Petty Officer 2nd Class

But of course....heck, it's been 20+ years since I've been, what's a few more months. :p