Four Winns SL262 - 2008 Bimini repair help

RubyLily121

Cadet
Hello, we recently purchased an immaculate SL262, however, the Bimini telescopic poles on both sides of the Bimini have been damaged. There are what looks like "push pins" inside the poles and two have broken. So the Bimini slides down. We have a temporary fix of cable ties but I would really like to fix it. I have looked on the Four Winns Parts listing and can no see anything. I have attached a picture to show where on the Bimini the extension pole is no longer operable.SL262_Boat.jpg

Any suggestions on a marine part I can order? Assume this slides into the pole to create the pin.

Thanks Amy

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Maybe a close up of the part would help. DO they fold or telescope to store the bimini?

briangcc

Commander
You mean the metal pegs like on a EZ-Up tent? If so, have access to the top of the pole? Cause I'm betting that spring clip with a button was simply pressed in too far and is actually still in the pole. Broom handle or wooden dowel will probably push it back in place.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
go here.

buy what you need. Make sure its the 301 stainless. the zinc and the 410 will rust

Scott Danforth

Staff member
four winns buys the bimini from companies like dowco or great lakes boat top. they would not have a parts break down

RubyLily121

Cadet
You mean the metal pegs like on a EZ-Up tent? If so, have access to the top of the pole? Cause I'm betting that spring clip with a button was simply pressed in too far and is actually still in the pole. Broom handle or wooden dowel will probably push it back in place.
Yes indeed. I have managed to locate some on Amazon but will take your advice and check the inner of the pole. Thank you

Scott Danforth

Staff member
you will pay more from amazon than you would from Mcmaster carr in the link in post #5