Four winns Liberator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbh350

Seaman Apprentice
I am looking at buying a four winns liberator 211. Are there any opinions on this boat.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Re: Four winns Liberator

Four Winns boats are well made, the main issue may be the drive system. If it is an OMC King Cobra, it can be hard to get parts for them. You need to check into that aspect first before buying. The regular Cobras are not hard to get parts for but you may have trouble trying to find a shop that will work on OMC outdrives in general.

mojokim

Seaman

I have a 201 Liberator with a 350 King Cobra. I have needed a few minor parts and had no trouble finding them. I have purchased a switch for the shift assist, outdrive gaskets, and trim ram bushings. Doug Russell has great parts diagrams and their service has been great. I have found 2 local repair facilities who are OMC certified and seem competent. I do most of my own work, but researched some repair companies in case I need something I can't handle.

m_sherman211

Petty Officer 3rd Class

jbh350,
If it were me I'd stick to the merc. out drive. There easy to work on and you can find parts for them pretty much anywhere. I have heard though that they do make a conversion plate that converts the OMC over to a merc.

NYBo

Admiral

Look at the date the thread started. I'm pretty confident he has resolved the issue sometime in the past 7 years.:p

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yes, time to put a thread to bed when it is just shy of 7 years.

Closed so it will return to the archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.