Found long lost fishing partner!

LubeDude

Admiral
Was at the computer last night and an old freind came to my mind that I had lost touch with for nearly twenty years. I went to Goggle and typed his name in an walla his name came up at the top of the page. I clicked on the link, and his web page came up with a picture. He is now a very prominent sales speaker and has his own business and is writing a book. His Email address was listed so I Emailed him and he got back to me allmost emeadiatly! He then called me and we talked last night untill midnight about old times and all the tournamnts we fished. Hes coming out this summer to visit his Mother and is going to spend a few days with us and we will do some fishing again!<br /><br />He was 16 when I took him under my arm, his father died shortly after I met him and he desperatly needed a male figure in his life. We fished several tournaments together and I supported him in the Bass club. He told me that he didnt know what he would have done if it wasnt for all the great guys in the club helping him out durring that time. His mother saw that it was a good thing and bought him a used Bass Boat and supported him in his fshing. It kept him out of trouble and she knew where he was most of the time. He was a great kid and I never knew how much I had actually effected his life untill last night. We never know sometimes how we effect someones life with a little act of kindnes.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Found long lost fishing partner!

Wow Lubedude, a great story and a great day for both of you. Its such a sweet surprise when something you did that long ago is remembered and appreciated. Kudos to you for being there when he needed you most. :)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) "Nice Story Lubedude!!!!" :)

KennyKenCan

Commander

:cool: That is way cool LubeDude. :cool: <br /><br />Hope it turns out to be a lasting relationship.

oddjob

Commander

Great Story Lubedude. Honored to be in your company even more now. :) I was once on the recieving end of generousity such as yours. Thank's!(sp) :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

great story about taking a small chance... wish <br />more folks would make that leap LD!<br />happy easter :D

ezbtr

Commander

Congrats to you and him! Wonderful. You are a great example obviously. :)

SoulWinner

Commander

That's great Lube, now you gotta introduce him to all of us :eek: