Found a wooden/brass boat hook. Old?

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
washed up in the tide I found a boat hook pole.This particular one is approx 7' with brass hook on it. Pole resembles a closet hanger pole.Old or just a special purpose pole??.Will post a pic later. Charlie

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
washed up in the tide I found a boat hook pole.This particular one is approx 7' with brass hook on it. Pole resembles a closet hanger pole.Old or just a special purpose pole??.Will post a pic later. Charlie

Attachments

• 20240329_095949.jpg
    20240329_095949.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Maybe a boat hook, maybe not.

Eons ago at a garage sale I found one quite similar. I asked the old lady that was selling her stuff and she said it was the pole she used in her classroom to take care of her windows. Just before she retired the school closed and was torn down and teachers got their choice of stuff.

Boat hooks and old building window hooks look remarkable similar.

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
I agree, it does look like a window closer thing I remember from elementary school days.

Maybe a boat hook, maybe not.

Eons ago at a garage sale I found one quite similar. I asked the old lady that was selling her stuff and she said it was the pole she used in her classroom to take care of her windows. Just before she retired the school closed and was torn down and teachers got their choice of stuff.

Boat hooks and old building window hooks look remarkable similar.