Found a good site for Force Outboard Ignition Troubleshooting

mtsav8or

Cadet
New to iboats. I've got an 88 Force 50 motor with a no spark condition. I've been using the forums to do some initial troubleshooting. I think I've got the switch already ruled out but I plan to do more testing this evening.

I bought the Seloc manual and online access from iboats to get a jump on it. I've also found some of the posts on the forums helpful too. In looking for parts I found the website below.

http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/

They've got all the ignition parts I may need at much lower prices than I've seen elsewhere. They've also got a more reasonable priced PVA than I've seen anywhere else.

There is also a troubleshooting guide on the site that is more detailed than the seloc manual one and it looks like seloc may have even used some of the other guides steps. If your having ignition trouble from a Force, I strongly suggest you check it out. It had answers to a lot of questions I had after checking out the online Seloc manual.

http://www.ebasicpower.com/downloads/cditech/CDI-Troubleshooting_Guide-FORCE.pdf

Good luck and smooth water!

GrindKore

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Found a good site for Force Outboard Ignition Troubleshooting

Thanks for the links, great stuff. You should also consider getting CLYMER Force Outboard Shop Manual. I find that book more descriptive and better illustrated than SELOC.

Matthew A.

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome to Forum,

Unless you are already familiar with your particular Force engine the Seloc manuals tend to be a bit too vague in giving specific descriptions and instructions that can make working on your engine a much less frustrating ordeal. Considering Seloc attempts to cover Force engines from 5 hp to 150 hp they do a descent job at it. However, it also leads to confusion since many specifics have to be left out in order to cover the range of engines. GrindKore's advice on getting yourself a Clymer manual is a better way to go for sure.

seaman campbell

Chief Petty Officer

You should also consider getting CLYMER Force Outboard Shop Manual. I find that book more descriptive and better illustrated than SELOC.

Ditto, and welcome to iboats!

TC