Forum/Site help.

thegrizzly1

Cadet
Hi all, I've been on this site for a while now absorbing a ton of great information.

I am wondering if someone would please help me figure out a few problems I have with the site.

1. I can't seem to get the advanced search working. There have been many instances where I would want to search 470+coupler for example. I either wind up with every post containing 470 and/or coupler in it.

2. I attempted to pm some of the moderators in the past with specific forum help questions, but the pm link doesn't appear to work when replying to an author.

I think there are other functions of the site I havent been able to get to work, but can't remember off hand. Could I have something in my user CP messed up/not allowing permission?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Forum/Site help.

Just above this post, click on Mercruiser IO Parts

On the left in the search box type in coupler, then tick the search in Mercruiser parts and click search.

Then click on Mercruiser couplers and pick your engine from the chart.

If all else fails, call the 1-800-743-1123 in the upper right hand corner.

I think there are other functions of the site I havent been able to get to work, but can't remember off hand. Could I have something in my user CP messed up/not allowing permission?

You could have all sorts of blocking software on your forum that could prevent you seeing lots of things. Not only on this site but others as well.

thegrizzly1

Cadet

Don, thanks, that helps if I am looking for a particular part.

I was referring more in general if theere is an "AND" or "OR" boolean modifier that can be used in a search.

For example I have tried to search "Stringer Replacement" in the boat restoration forumn, and the search results in all posts containing the word "stringer". A large list to say the least. Another example would be "Engine Mount". I'd like to search posts that only contain that combination of words, not all posts that contain "engine" and all posts that contain "mounts"

Thanks again for the help.

thegrizzly1

Cadet

Don/others, I have done both a search, and a search this forum for the term 470. I keep getting a message that there were no matches found. I know I have done this exact same search in the past without problems. Are there any current issues with teh server/site, or is this a pebcab?
(Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Brain!)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

You can not search for 3 digits or less even in quotes.....

You can search for "mercruiser 470" in quotes or "merc 470"

yes it is a glitch