Forum Contest Question

ndemge

Commander
To keep the other thread clean of chatter,<br />For the 100,000 member contest,<br /><br />May I make a suggestion, to keep the entry's hidden from the members until the contest is over, then post who guessed what...<br /><br />My reason...<br /><br />Say 300 people put in an entry, and 280 of them say a perticular day within a givin year, it would be a pretty good guess to just pick the next day, so iff all of those people are under, bam, you snipe it with a better chance than someone... kinda like the last bidder on the Price is Right.<br /><br />Is it just me or is this a posibility?

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Forum Contest Question

I have a suggestion,maybe the winners can pool their winnings and buy Iboats a new clock! :D

spratt

Lieutenant

You can set your time to coincide with theirs in yourprofile:) But you probably already know that!! Just change it to either + or - the number of hours difference in your time zone and theirs...

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My clock was always right at -1,now it's -2?<br />There has been so many issues with the time,I figured it was the Iboat clock.Thats what I get for thunking.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> I have a suggestion,maybe the winners can pool their winnings and buy Iboats a new clock! :D
3.gif
<br /><br />Need one with really BIG numbers.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> My clock was always right at -1,now it's -2?<br />There has been so many issues with the time,I figured it was the Iboat clock.Thats what I get for thunking.
Ahhh, see there, I didn't know you had already made those changes:) Now I don't have anything wise to tell you...perhaps they DO need a new clock, or at least a Time Server!!!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> You can set your time to coincide with theirs in yourprofile:) But you probably already know that!! Just change it to either + or - the number of hours difference in your time zone and theirs...
Yeah Spratt,<br />Mine has always been set to -4. Butttttttt, I posted, my clock said it was a certain time, the post time was 1 hour ahead.<br />Go Figure??<br /><br />AK Chappy

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

OK,<br />I looked at the profile settings again.<br />I am man enough to admit when I am wrong, once.<br />It showed me having to set it to -5 :( <br />I think it didn't adjust for daylight savings time, yeah, yeah that's it!!!<br /> :D :D <br /><br />AK Chappy