Fort Worth **Update**

NathanY

Commander
Unfortunate circumstances have landed me in Fort Worth for the next couple weeks. I know that there are fellow iboat-ers that live in this area and wondered if any of them would like to get together and have a cup of coffee or something while Im here. I need a break from all this, and would like to meet some of you. If you would like to, shoot me an email at the addy below.

Twidget

Commander
Re: Fort Worth **Update**

He called last night. He is really having a rough time, it may be a while before he calls. <br /><br />Maybe we can all get together at once somewhere.

NathanY

Commander

Sorry I wasnt able to call you guys today, I was very busy working around my dad's place. The wake is tomorrow, and the funeral is Thursday at the National Cemetary in between Dallas and Fort Worth. My father was in the Air Force for 20 years, and is going to be buried with full military honors. I promise guys when this is over Friday, I will give you a call.

fireman57

Captain

Lost mine a year ago March. He didn't fish or hunt, wasn't mechanically inclined, didn't like beer (an occasional scotch was his thing), but I miss him everyday. Hope the next two weeks go by easily.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you lost your Dad, Nate, and thankful for his service to our country. I hope he was as proud of his service as he deserved to be.<br /><br />My Dad's greatest regret was that he was 4F and spent the war building and testing Grumman TBFs and F6Fs that he desperately wanted to fly in combat. I always felt that he did what he could, but he admired those that fought so much that he never realized what a great contribution he himself made.

TilliamWe

Banned

Sorry about your dad Nate.<br /><br />JB, sorry to hear that your dad "regretted" his part in the defense of our country. People like him were needed, and we wouldn't win any wars without him.<br /><br />He didn't live on Long Island when he worked for Grumman, did he?