Foreign Ebay Shipping, Dern It!!!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
I have only had two experiences shipping Ebay items to the Netherlands. Both were legitimate items, nothing unusual. I ship via the USPS Global Priority and complete customs form CP72.<br /><br />One item was an Ebay sale six months ago. The other was shipped on Jan. 4, '05. <br /><br />In both cases the buyers had emailed wondering where their item is. The Jan 4th item still is not to the buyer!<br /><br />Anyone else ship there and have you experienced hangups. USPS or not, I would like to know.<br /><br />BTW, I have shipped stuff to Australia, NZ, UK, Italy, France (ya, I know!). Never a problem.

Homerr

Commander
Re: Foreign Ebay Shipping, Dern It!!!

I shipped one item to Yap Micronesia from Oregon.... It took about a month to get there.<br /><br />I've only had about a half-dozen packages lost. Most of those were by USPS.<br /><br />I recently had an item lost by USPS. The seller (fortunately) was willing to send another item.<br /><br />Do you have any kind of tracking or delivery confirmation on your package? Insurance?<br /><br />The USPS tracking system is horrible compared to FedEx or UPS. If you insured the package, you'll eventually get your money back.<br /><br /><br />H.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Having lived abroad for the better part of my life,I can only say:Do not send valuables through USPS.<br />USPS packages do not get lost.They get stolen. Ask any person you know who has spend considerable time abroad.I have had envelopes with birthday cards in them opened and the checks removed so often that I had to ask the grand parents not to send money or checks through USPS.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

regarding USPS and reliability, i have not had a problem other that the Netherlands items. <br /><br />I will consider using UPS or FedEx for foreign items henceforth. I have an item waiting for payment that's going to Italy. May do the other shippers for that one.<br /><br />I believe that Ebay has a relationship with USPS now. I will contact Ebay about this Netherlands situation.<br /><br />Strange that only the Netherlands has given me grief! Maybe their customs are slow or just real careful due to weird stuff that may be shipped their way. Who the heck knows, but sure is a pain.<br /><br />Problems shipping to foreign buyers may be why some Ebay sellers indicate strait up that they will not accept bids from those other than the USA.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I used to ship packages to Spain, every 2-4 weeks.<br />25% did not arrive.<br />Another 25% were missing some of the contents.<br /><br />Only shipped 1 item of any real value. Shipped that via commercial airlines, recipient picked it up at the airport baggage claims desk.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Well.......latest is that the customer filed a dispute with payPal. He says he never received the item, and I believe him. <br /><br />Been working with PayPal to minimize my losses. The customer in Netherlands wants his money back, plain and simple. Can't blame him. The buyer also seems to believe that I am intentionally screwing with him. NOT!!!<br /><br />Also this fiasco earned me a negative Ebay feedback. And I violently despise getting neg feedbacks.<br /><br />I have learned a very valuable lesson. I will not sell to international bidders. Plain and simple. <br /><br />Even had I used a shipper that provided tracking numbers, etc......it is just not worth the effort for items that bring in $20 to $75.<br /><br />My advice....avoid shipping anything to the Netherlands.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> I agree with not using USPS for international shipping. USPS will warrenty the package arrives to the customs post of the recieving country. after that all bets are off.<br /> some years back I sent a package by USPS to caracas venezuela. it sat in the caracas post office for 38 days before the recipient was notified.<br /> we dont realize how lucky we are to have a mail system that actually works most the time.

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I order fishing tackle from UK and it gets here parcel post faster than most local letters do. Go figure.