Force Pull Neutral problem

voyager al

Cadet
Bass boat with a force 85 horse, with a Force Pull Neutral control. problem is the pull-up button. I FEEL it lifting, but it doesnt let me raise the speed, it always puts it into gear. SO, the pull neutral isnt keeping the controls in neutral. Looks hard to work on. i removed it fro m the side of the boat, but didnt want to tear into it, without knowing what to look for. Plus i am going out tomorrow, and wanted it working. I get full throttle response in gear, just cant rev it up in neutral.Help?

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Force Pull Neutral problem

This isn't really the best forum area for this question, but I'll give it a shot.

If you are referring to the button on the bottom of the crossbar where you hold the handle, that's not for fast idle in neutral. It just allows you to move the throttle out of neutral. Is there a button at the base of the handle? If so, you push it while pushing the throttle forward. If there is not button there, the entire throttle handle pulls out, which bypasses the shift cable for fast idling. This is how the US Marine (Force) control works in my boat.

EDIT: I see a friendly moderator has moved the thread to the proper area.:)

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Spray WD or white lithium grease in the shifter.Spray and wiggle again and again.THen pull and see if it moves.
It might need to be removed and re installed.
Start with the motor set up in neutral.Make sure the shift block(on motor) is in the right area.That stops it from going into gear when the idle is set up.
Then adjust the shifter so it lines up and assembles easy.
Profile? Hope you understand.J

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Would help to know the year of the engine.

if it is a dark Force it has US marine contol box. You pull the whole handle out away from the box. It will move about 1/4 inch. This disables the shift and you can then throttle up in neutral. Return to neutral and push in on the center of the handle to re-engage.

Alternativly, you may have a control box with a rubber center button. You push this in whlie advancing the control lever. It will automatically go back when you return the handle to vertical.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

^^^^ yup,... grab the base of your shifter and see if it will pull out. That is how my Morse control works on the boat in my sig below...Force 125 on it.

voyager al

Cadet

it is a dark Force, US Marine. I just went out, it will neither pull out nor push in. maybe WD-40 in the morning? It says PULL NEUTRAL in the center of the pivot area. I thought that it meant pull up on the button on the bottom of the crossbar. I am used t0 a dual stick setup. We'll see in daylight...Thanks,all!

voyager al

Cadet

Would help to know the year of the engine.

if it is a dark Force it has US marine contol box. You pull the whole handle out away from the box. It will move about 1/4 inch. This disables the shift and you can then throttle up in neutral. Return to neutral and push in on the center of the handle to re-engage.

Alternativly, you may have a control box with a rubber center button. You push this in whlie advancing the control lever. It will automatically go back when you return the handle to vertical.

sorry, its a 87

NYBo

Admiral

Yep, the whole handle pulls out from the base.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Adding to an OLD post is gonna get you yelled at(not me).

The first thing is look up inside and see if there is anything blocking.
Look at the connectors on the motor.
​Take the handle off and see if the plastic has broken and blocking the travel.
​Take the connectors off and see if it moves then, possible the cable's bad?

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
There is a throttle stop on the shift linkage on the motor that prevents you from pushing the throttle all the way forward to WOT while in the Neutral fast idle position. This helps prevent damage from over reving the engine without a load. Maybe that's what you're experiencing?