Force bogging down

msquicci

Cadet
I have an 88 Force, 125. It idles fine. If I start out slowly it is fine. But when I give it 3/4 throttle,it bogs down. If you back off to half throttle, it will eventually catch up. Check valve has been replaced. The compression is good. New plugs.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force bogging down

Will it eventually run at full throttle, at or above 5000 rpm ?<br /><br />If so, I would go thru the fuel system fro start to finish.<br /><br />Which check valve was replaced?<br /><br />Sounds like it will eventually need a carb clean/rebuild.<br /><br />Any other problems with it, such as lack of power or hard starting?

msquicci

Cadet

I doesn't run at full throttle. It hits about 4000 rpms. The valve in the pump was replaced by a service tech. Another problem is that when it idles for about 20 secs, it will die, but it will restart.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I would check for spark on all 4 plugs before doing anything else.<br />It may sound like it is running on all 4, but may only be hitting on 3.<br /><br />Also, what happens if you use the choke when it is stumbling?

msquicci

Cadet

The plugs are new. The coils were tested, and they are ok. I have not tried the choke when it is bogging down.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

If it picks up when you choke it, have the carbs cleaned/rebuilt.