FORCE 70HP 1993 TILT TRIM ? PROBLEM

baboon bum

Seaman Apprentice
SOMETIMES WORKS SOMETIMES NOT USUALLY WHEN IM OUT ON THE WATER CAN THE ENGINE BE TRIMMED MANUALLY?,TO GET THE MOTER TO WORK I GOTTA TAKE IT OUTTA THE CASING AND SPIN THE MUTHER WHEN ITS OUTSIDE THE CASING, WHEN I PUT IT BACK IN IT WORKS, BUT NOT RELIABLE, THERES PLENTY OF KICK IN THE MOTER,ANY ONE ANY IDEAS?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: FORCE 70HP 1993 TILT TRIM ? PROBLEM

Sorry, there is no manual relief valve on that motor.<br />You will have to rebuild or replace the motor.

baboon bum

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks roscoe any ideas how much a new moter is?in pounds sterling i.e not dollars great site this.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hi, before you buy another go with Roscoe's thought about rebuilding. Since it runs after disassembly, spinning, and reassembly I would check the brushes and armature for wear or corrosion. Good luck

baboon bum

Seaman Apprentice

Well rightly or wrongly,i got a small tube and i sucked out the oil from the pump i replaced this oil with automatic transmission fluid now the power trim is flying up and down .Im gonna try this every morning for about a week to see if it starts playing up again (how come things always play uip when yir oot on the water and not safe in the driveway)