Force 40HP to 50HP by changing carb

laybackman

Cadet
I own a 1998 Force 40 HP engine. It is manufactured by Mercury. All parts are Quicksilver brand. Original carb number is <br />1300-854446. The 50HP carb number is 1300-854447<br />There are no other STOCK differences between the 40HP model and the 50HP model that I can find in their factory manual that I have or their factory parts list. Are there any STOCK changes that are not listed in their factory manual or parts list? And yes it does go faster...about 4-5 knots. The only other easy thing I think could be done is to change the prop to get a larger exhaust port, or change the prop dia. or pitch which I shall address in my next post. Thank in advance for any useful feedback!

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: Force 40HP to 50HP by changing carb

You won't get any larger port regardless of prop because it uses the same size hub-doesn't matter what pitch or diameter.

laybackman

Cadet

Thanks for your reply. <br />Could it be possible that the prop has a thinner inside wall making the inside diameter larger?? One prop manufacturer (Solas Amita)on this site says it's exhaust ports are larger than others giving you a 5% to 10% increase in horse power. That is where my thoughts about exhaust port sizing came from.

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

hey walleyehed! AKA= Kenny