For the Drag Racing fans.. (SBN)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: For the Drag Racing fans.. (SBN)

Thats cool snapper.<br /><br />I consistantly hit a 0.46/45.<br /><br />I staged 24 times with 4 perfect lights 0.4 and my worst light was the first at 0.86, two red lights. :cool: <br /><br />Did you watch the time trials this evening. Tony Shumachers car broke the frame right behind the drivers seat. Maaaaaan what a ride. :eek: <br /><br />And Dixon goes 4.490 :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey Bill, yea, I have that in my favorites.<br />.43 to .49.<br />From my early years.<br />
10.jpg
<br />I got pretty good at cutting the tree down. :D <br />Hey RP, when you put 7000 HP to the ground like that and the cars bow up where they do, it's a wonder more of them don't break there.<br />You take something 25 foot long and it wants to pivot in that area, puts a real strain on the frame.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Oh yea, look out in 2006 KB will be back in a Kallita, Ken Black dragster racing out of the Kallita camp.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Nice game!!! I was getting .420s, once I worked out how it ran.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I'm getting between .4 and .447. Been draggin a few times before on bike run-wot-u-brung meets and I generally make about .6 before I start moving.Takes more time to get the clutch out though. Best time I ever made was .1 (fluke!)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

SBN.. At one time, did you have a PINK nova or chevelle?.... :confused:

Darren Smith

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I gave it a shot, 1st was .42, 2nd, red light, 3rd, .90 (have you been drinking?) then a .40 for the 4th try. I like the pro tree better than the one I used to use at Speedworld in AZ, the ambers lit up one at a time, 0.00 was a perfect reaction.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Oh yea, look out in 2006 KB will be back in a Kallita, Ken Black dragster racing out of the Kallita camp.
I think for this to happen, Ken Black has to find a place on the car (preferably visiable) for a Budweiser sticker. :eek:

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Oh yea Spinner <br /><br />How fast was the Carlo?<br /><br />I usta race (thru the mid 80s) a 67 Chevelle with a SB350-turbo350-4.56 gears. It would run low 12.00s at 119-121mph with slicks and torque tubes, and 12.20s with street tires and mufflers at about the same speed. My fastest pass in this car was 11.96. It was also my daily driver.<br /><br />Man I sure do miss that car.<br /><br />I wish I had the capability to post pics. :(

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Reel Poor:<br />
I think for this to happen, Ken Black has to find a place on the car (preferably visiable) for a Budweiser sticker. :eek:
Yea, it's all a maybe right now and KB says one of the major hurdles is not to have a sponsor that would conflict with Bud.<br />He says an offer is on the table between them.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> SBN.. At one time, did you have a PINK nova or chevelle?.... :confused:
Yes I sure did, it was more peach colored than pink though. :D <br />The Monte was called "The Wright Stuff" and the Nova was called "Oldsmonova" It was powered by the 455 Olds engine. :eek:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Reel Poor:<br /> Oh yea Spinner <br /><br />How fast was the Carlo?<br /><br />I usta race (thru the mid 80s) a 67 Chevelle with a SB350-turbo350-4.56 gears. It would run low 12.00s at 119-121mph with slicks and torque tubes, and 12.20s with street tires and mufflers at about the same speed. My fastest pass in this car was 11.96. It was also my daily driver.<br /><br />Man I sure do miss that car.<br /><br />I wish I had the capability to post pics. :(
Had almost the same set-up as that only had the turbo 400 behind the 350.<br />Mine was pure stock and was consistent 12.90's to low 13's. Not fast, but dang near the same ever pass.<br /><br />Won stock class one year at Bristol with the car.<br />If anyone has been to an NHRA event and seen the stock class, that is quite a feat to do. :cool:

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

0.416000000000000003sec that is some very fancy timing system they have. :rolleyes: