For Sale Sign ?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Just heard from my Bro-in-law that driving around with a For Sale sign in your car is illegal. I said that I have never heard of that. He said they just passed a law. Something about it creating accidents cause people trying to get the number. Geeeesh.. :confused:

Twidget

Commander
Re: For Sale Sign ?

Every person elected to office has to say they passed something. It would seem that they are running out of things to legislate.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) It's an old law in Massachusetts!!!Around where I live, the cops don't bother ya!!!<br />But the sign can hinder your sight of view!!! ;) :cool:

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

A fellow that my wife works with went to visit his sister in south Minnesocold and got ticketed for advertising a car for sale in that town.The reason for the ticket--he didn't live there.It was against a city ordinance.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Soon special state tags will be available (for a appropriate fee) that will allow the sale of the vehicle thay are attached. Politicians always find a way to help themselves errr the citizen?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I wish they would pass a law that a persons IQ has to be within a certain range to hold public office. If they have a high IQ, you know they are book smart with no common sense. Then too low of an IQ they have too much common senses and not smart enough to make a law.<br /><br />I guess since this law is similar in other areas, it must be a legit law. Those that would strain their neck and risk others to get a number off a For Sale sign would also be the ones to back up an interstate to take an exit they passed. :mad:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

To get around the "no for sale sign" laws on cars, post a sign that says "Ask me if this car is for sale" with your number.

spratt

Lieutenant

I have seen some running around that I would have liked to get teh number off of!! Yet I have NEVER tried to read the tiny print on those signs while tehy were driving. I did honk and motion for someone to pull overo nce, so I could talk to them. And I have been known to follow one in town for a short while to see if they were gonna park so I could look at the car...<br /><br />And also,Mayfloat, I think it is not the IQ of those pols, but the inability to have any COMMON SENSE!!!!! An idiot can have more comon sense than a politician looking for an agenda!!!!

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I call it "Legislating Stupidity" Some members of society are obviously FAR too stupid to refrain from certain activity, so we need to make it illegal and restrict the personal freedoms of everybody.<br /><br />I can safely use my cell phone while driving my car on an open highway, but I know enough to refrain from using my cell phone while in heavy traffic. But some retards are far too stupid to operate a cell phone safely while driving, so now I may NOT be able to use mine.<br /><br />After the Sonny Bono incident (he died while skiing, hit a tree) they tried to make it mandatory to wear a helmet on the slopes. I may be forced to wear a helmet because some idiot is too stupid to ski within his abilities?<br /><br />Why do we consitently feel the need to pass legislation and restrict everybodies personal freedoms, all because some people are stupid?

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

In that case, they had better start painting over every truck, delivery van, and what else that has a phone number on it...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by wilkin250r:<br /> Why do we consitently feel the need to pass legislation and restrict everybodies personal freedoms, all because some people are stupid?
The simple answer, wilkin, is that 'we' elect too many Liberals! They always know better and they revel in the power.

KennyKenCan

Commander

wilkin250r<br /><br />
Why do we consitently feel the need to pass legislation and restrict everybodies personal freedoms, all because some people are stupid?
Because the people that inflict these laws upon us, have never read the "Bill of Rights" or the "U.S. Constitution", and believe that they have the right to violate your basic rights that are afforded to you, by being a citizen of the U.S.A.! <br /><br />It also has alot to do with greed! Polititians make it a point, that the fines collected from these frivilous laws, goes into their general spending funds, so that they will be able to skim from them, and pocket whatever monies they can!!

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm sure I've heard that for this area too - Lots of cars have signs on them though.<br /><br />It's also illegal to have a for sale sign on a car parked on a public street. I see those cars ticked often.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I just wonder if that applies to a boat or camper being towed? Hmmmmm :p :D

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

"Soon special state tags will be available (for a appropriate fee) that will allow the sale of the vehicle thay are attached. Politicians always find a way to help themselves errr the citizen?"<br /><br />--------------------Quote by NYM<br /><br />These tags are now available for a modest fee, please make checks payable to "Bass Man Bruce" and yes we do accept credit cards! :D I'm only tryin to help!!! :D

D

DJ

Legislators are looking for INCOME.<br /><br />Private sales frequently "fudge" the actual for sale price thus shortchanging so called income at the respective DMV's.<br /><br />Bring on a set "consumption" tax and all the BS stops.<br /><br />Legislators do not have the "stones" to pass such a revolutionary/enlightened tax system.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

A VAT, GST, Consumption tax, call it what you like is a great idea. They did in Oz, and everything just went up by 10%. But that was because the 'Liberals' in the upper house watered the legislation down so much that the main tax relief measures couldn't be implemented.... Thanks Democrates!!! <br /><br />If anyone in the US proposes it... back it fully.... and DON'T let anyone else bodge with the implementation! <br /><br />The way I see it, it's the only fair way to tax... You spend more, you pay more.... Great incentive for saving...<br /><br />Chris.............

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Here as long as the sign is on a side window while the vehicle is in motion. The sign can not block the drivers view.<br />years back we had vehicle inspections. All vehicles had to be inspected every year, and a sticker placed on the lower right corner of the window saying the vehicle passed safety inspection. immediately after they repealed this law, they decided that the stickers can not be on the windows because they block vision. They were the size of a park sticker. By the way park stickers do not block vision I guess.<br />It is illegal though to sell more than 8(?) vehicles a year without a dealers license and paying a dealership tax.